Monday, November 26, 2018

The Face of an Angel

Isn't he precious?  I'm sure that Jesus never acted the way Ben acted as a little boy... and as he acts right now.... but I do know that angels have been placed all around me to guide my tongue and mouth when I have deal with that cuteness.  Ben taught me so many things as a mother... he taught me that hard-headed, strong-willed, "high-spirited" children will keep you on your toes... he taught me that afternoon naps are not important to him... he taught me that mud on the floors and dirt in your fingernails only meant a good time was had by all... he taught me that just because you are smart you don't have apply yourself if you can trick your teachers into loving on you... he taught me that boys look really cute in smocked outfits and john johns, but clorox is now my best friend...

There is nothing I love more than to hear him say, "Briiiiiitttttt".... even though I know something is coming out of that mouth that sounds a lot like my daddy.  He loves to be a devil... but to me... he is an angel.  I think that angels are all around... some in spirit and some in person.  One of my spiritual mentors once said that angels intercede and take care of things before it gets to her... I believe that... I believe that angels and the Holy Spirit give me a peace when I want to have anxiety, give me patience when I want to be in control, give me sanity in a crazy world. 

The angel in the Nativity scene brought good news... Have you ever thought that it wasn't good news at first?  Do you really think the shepherds, Mary, the others involved jumped for joy?   They probably doubted a lot... just like we do, but we know that the end of the story is amazing.  So while your angel may look like my Ben in this picture... remember that the moment of the news brought to you may end up being one of the best things that has ever happened to you.  Situations change... circumstances change... as you go through the day, pray for angels to intercede... pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you with peace, hope, love, and joy.  The angel brought forth the news that we have all of these things... it's our choice to look for them in our daily lives.  Thank you Lord for my angels... the ones I encounter every day and the ones who are all around me in spirit. 

Have you looked for an angel in your life?  I promise you have one... don't look far... he/she is probably right in front of you... love that angel... thank God for that angel... and thank God for sending us a messenger with the good news.


No comments: