Thursday, November 29, 2018

Does anyone have any money I can borrow?

As I sit in a warm house with a full belly, Christmas lights glowing, hot water ready for me when I take my bath, food for a snack before bed, and a television calling my name to catch up on today's news... sometimes I realize I don't thank God enough for tiny blessings.  There is a cute video out now that shows basic things wrapped up as gifts... like lights, food, his car... and he is so excited.  How many times are we sitting in a stupor because we don't have what we want...or when we want it.  During those times, I think it's important to thank God for what we do have.  Look at life as the glass half full... not empty. 

I don't really need any money to borrow...but how many times have I heard people ask for money?  During the Christmas season we see the bell ringers, the angel trees, and the many "drives" for us to help people out... I love to help people when it's a secret... and they don't know.  I think those times are the best.  It's what Christmas is really about... I have been burned in those situations and sometimes my heart wishes I hadn't given to the person later on, but I know that the money was given in good faith and God will take care of those who don't do with the funds what they are supposed to do.  It's not my place to decide whether it was spent with good money!  God takes care of that. 

So...with that said.... as you look around at your little family, friends, church members, schools, etc... ask yourself if there is someone you could take care of... How?  Call the water company and pay someone water's bill... call the power company and put some money towards the bill... sneak a grocery card into their mailbox... give a gift certificate to a restaurant.... but don't tell anyone you did it... do it out of the goodness of your heart and do it for someone who needs it.... When I worked at the bank years ago, I saw family members come in and pay for their widowed parent's power... I thought it was so sweet.  I was sworn to secrecy... and that...to me is what Christmas is all about...

Be an angel for someone....

Hebrews 13:2 tells us
2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it

If you don't have a family member or friend to do something for... buy someone's supper when you are at a restaurant... buy someone's coffee behind you.... buy a toy for a child standing in line at a store.... do something good... YOU BE THE ANGEL.... I'm not sure how many people read my blog each day, but if you would be willing to just do this one act of kindness within the next week... think of how good you will feel... but also think of what love will be spread to others by doing the random act of kindness.  I encourage you to make it a goal to help someone out because each of us are truly blessed. 

Just to check to make sure you read to the end of the blog... please "Like" the post on Facebook and let's see just how many promises of random acts we can get for the next week!  Share your ideas in the comments of ways to help others out.... let's make others curious about what we are discussing and maybe they will join in also!  Be an angel... I promise you have angels all around you taking care of you... you show the love of Christ by returning the favor. 

No comments: