Friday, November 23, 2018

Joseph's Lullaby




Katie Britt and I headed back from LC today to come decorate and get ready for the ballgame tomorrow.  For the first time ever... she drove me.  As we were riding, I heard this song and thought it would be perfect to add as our last day looking at Joseph... 
I'm not real sure what it feels like to be a daddy and hold a baby for the first time... as a mama, it's a little different because it is real to us way earlier than the husband.  We feel the baby kick and move... we know it's real and something is going on in our bodies.  I don't think it becomes REAL, REAL until that first night when the daddy holds the baby in his arms... looking in his eyes and marveling at the miracle he is holding.  
If you have the opportunity, go and listen to the link below.  It's the story behind the song performed by Mercy Me.  As you sit and watch your Christmas lights twinkling... think about the perspective of the father... Joseph... holding a miracle baby that he knew would be special.  
As I look at the picture of Mark holding Ben in the pictures above... I know he prays for the same thing... for Ben to rest his little head now... the world is a big place with big worries... but for now we will take care of you... I know he prays for Ben's heart to be guarded... there is nothing like a broken heart... and yes, it can worry us sometimes when our heart is broken... I know he prays for Ben to chase his dreams too.... but for now... do the best you can wherever you are... and worry about those dreams later... and I know he prays for him to be a child right now... just be a young, fun boy who loves life and the Lord... sleep tight at night Benny Boo... you are precious in our eyes... and even though I'm your mama... I feel the same way that your daddy feels!  
Joseph is so important... even though he isn't mentioned much in the Bible... he had a huge responsibility.... I have no doubt that he prayed for his children every day.... if you don't do anything else... pray for your children every day... bathe them in prayer... cover them in prayer... find peace in knowing that God hears your prayers and warms your heart.  







Go to sleep my Son
This manger for your bed
You have a long road before You
Rest Your little head
Can You feel the weight of Your glory?
Do You understand the price?
Or does the Father guard Your heart for now
So You can sleep tonight?
Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait for one more moment
Go and sleep in peace
I believe the glory of Heaven
Is lying in my arms tonight
But Lord, I ask that He for just this moment
Simply be my child
Go to sleep my Son
Baby, close Your eyes
Soon enough You'll save the day
But for now, dear Child of mine
Oh my Jesus, Sleep tight

No comments: