Sunday, September 28, 2014

Clemson vs. UNC and Ben made a 70!

We started the day by picking up our tickets and eating at Wild Wings.  I am pretty sure if this sign goes missing in Anderson that I know who will have it! 
 The weather was beautiful and not too hot!  Ben's favorite thing to do is play football... these two helped out a little too! 
 
 Ben practiced his punting... I told him to be careful because Clemson may come and ask him to kick a few field goals... just teasing... I felt sorry for the kicker last week... he did great last night! 
 He may never play a down of high school or college ball, but he sure does love the sport! 
 She thinks she is good too.... I'm thinking she better stick to dancing and cheering. 
 That's holding Sis.... you can't do that! 
 Two on one is never really fair.... I guess Mark or I should have gotten up to play with them, but that cool grass sure did feel good! 
 He wanted some action shots... I'm so MAD I didn't take my camera... I thought about it, but I didn't want to have to carry it... I won't go again without it....




Jack can't be serious.... laughs at me  A LOT... yesterday's joke on me was a pretty honest mistake... I was watching scores of other games scrolling on the clicker and I asked him what the team COLOR was... I had never heard of them.... he looked at me and said, "Coloradooooo".... How could I be so stupid?  I deserve to be laughed at for that one...

 We met Rami and Ryan and the boys threw the football a little more... It amazes me the entertainment at a football game that doesn't even require you to go to the game...
 Mark and Ben on the potty break... We walked so much yesterday! 
 One of the things we wanted the children to do was see the players when they get on the bus to go to the rock... they  have seen them get off before, but never get on.... so we waited in line and were able to grab a first row spot.... KB and Jack probably broke a few rules and jumped over in front of the bus for a picture... Taking Jack with us is a two for one deal... He entertains Ben, takes him to the bathroom for us, and makes Sis smile... I've always heard you are only as happy as your most miserable child... we were all happy yesterday...


This next video link is something I will always cherish.... this is the team getting on the bus and fans yelling and cheering on the boys.... and everyone calling their names... as Dabo approached Ben he looked down and said, "How's my dog?"..... no amount of money could put a smile on Ben's face like that one...


SIDE NOTE:  Clemson football is the perfect opportunity to teach our children about Christ's love and support for us... Over the past week I have heard so many  negative comments... how stupid the coaches were... how dumb the decisions they make are... but honestly, isn't that our life?  Aren't we stupid sometimes, don't we make mistakes, I have made bad decisions in my life before... but just as Christ forgives me and loves me regardless of what I do... we are going to support Clemson football as long as it is being led by a man who puts Him first... Dabo might suffer for disciplining his players with losses... but if you do the right thing... it's always right!  I respect him regardless of the plays he calls... If you are going to support a team... support them... don't talk bad about them... don't wish losses on them... don't knock their leaders... if you can't support them with all your heart... find another team... and if they aren't up to your liking... look inside your heart... it might be you that is the problem...
This last picture is pretty neat too... Before the Clemson game was even over... the big screens put the Carolina vs. Missouri game up.... We were leaving and ran back in to watch.... Mark, Jack, and KB found a seat while Ben and I stood at the top to watch...




And by the time the Carolina game was over... the Clemson fans had gone down on the field and were watching in anticipation.... It was a great night... we didn't get home until 1:30.... I should be outside right now taking pictures because I can see a football game going on with precious little boys.... and a very tired daddy who is making beautiful memories with little boys who one day hope to play for the Red Devils....or even CLEMSON...


**** BEN'S 70

Ben handed me a bookmark this morning in church that had the Ten Commandments on it.  Mayonnaise looked at me and said talk to Ben about how many commandments he has broken this week.... Ben said, "I only broke three!".... If we were grading him... he would make a 70 and that would be passing... I told Mayonnaise that and Ben was just as satisfied with that grade... I think we need to work on him at least having a B.... I loved listening to him at lunch telling me what he had done and how he had broken the commandments.... that little simple brain of his thinks so much... I giggle... and sit amazed at what comes out of his mouth sometimes... He needs prayer EVERY day.... by any and all who are willing.... We are working on the difference in being honest and being tactful.... what a hard lesson it is to learn... he can read someone so well...and right now for him... what comes up... comes out... again... he gets it honest... but I'm working on it too...

No comments: