Thursday, September 11, 2014

LC JV vs. Jefferson County


I can't start tonight without saying that I am thankful to live in America.... I spent a wonderful weekend in San Francisco where I will be hard pressed to find a more beautiful area.  I was completely in awe at the beauty of the San Francisco Bay... I'm hoping I will have many more opportunities to visit special places like this in the near future!  I have lots on my heart tonight as I begin to type this... the memories of 9-11-01, personal prayer requests, friends who need prayer, children who need extra love, and a hope for those who hurt because my faith tells me that I can believe there is good in all situations. 
Today- the Red Devils played Jefferson County... it was a big day... especially for my KB, Thomas, and Jack! 




Someone thinks I don't get enough pictures of the cheerleaders....
 Someone thinks I don't need any pictures of cheerleaders....
 It's my blog... I'll put as many of these sweet girls as I want to on here! 
 As you can see... it was another hot one!  I think we need to start selling sunscreen at the games!
 Baby Thom started as quarterback today... I can't help but poke out like a peacock... I don't care if he gets sacked, throws an interception, or misses a call.... that's my nephew out there... he is a Red Devil... and he is a part of a team... and I love it!  What he and lot of other boys don't realize is that making mistakes and then correcting... builds confidence.  I am hoping this season of JV is building a great team for the future... I'm hearing whispers that this group of boys is another for potential of a  "SC".... I won't say it out loud! 
 And here is another one of a cheerleader... she is so happy... and each of these girls who love to cheer for a team!  They put their heart and soul into these games and actually look pretty good doing it!  You can see that I feel bad I didn't have a lot of pictures of them... this week... I'm adding lots of them! 





 Here is Thom getting plays to run.... now I'm not a coach, but I think he is tired from running back and forth... but I also know that I wouldn't trust anyone else to tell me the plays either....
 Oops.... more cheerleader pictures.....

 And then.... I look up at an interception... and right before my eyes... I see Jackkkkkkk running like Forrest Gump.....
 And no one is near him, but they are headed his way....


 And he almost gets knocked out of bounds....
 But he crosses before they get to him!!!
 And that.... was Jack's first touchdown... I knew it was coming... I've watched him these last few weeks and he has been getting interceptions... this time... he took off for the touchdown!
 Zoom in and look at the seriousness....
 He needed to show some excitement....
 So he met up with a friend....
 And there goes the chest bump!
 I love watching these young ones do big things! 
 I would be willing to bet my right arm she never knew he had the ball.... but she says she did.... she was happy too!
 Jack said he was tired from all that running....
 And here come some more cheer pictures... Give me a "D"
 Give me an "E"
 Give me a "V"
 Give me an "I"
 Give me an "L"
 Give me an "S"
 And back to Thomas....

 Let's think about what we can do to get a touchdown????
 Set, Hut, Les'Go
 Two Bits.... those darn cheerleaders again...
 And there was this one cheerleader who sure was special.... I love her... I pray for her... I watch her grow and mature on a daily basis.... she has already reached beyond my expectations for her and she amazes me daily....
 And then... there was this little boy who we thought would never learn to walk... and who let us feed him until he was 12.... and who loves his grandparents... who SCORED A TOUCHDOWN!!!
 And a personal foul because of mouth!
 And there was the daddy who was a real smart tail when announcing ballgames... who kept his cool when his little boy crossed the line and scored the touchdown.... I know he was proud....
 He has grown so much.... he is so big.... I hope he will continue to be successful in all he does! 
 I know he was happy too! 
 And back to that little girl... she loves to smile for the camera....
 I know this sounds like Steel Magnolias.... but I don't like the red on red uniforms.... I wish they would wear another color bottoms....
 One of my favorite parts....
 He is tired.... but he deserves to look tired!  He worked hard! 
 A little advice from Granddaddy.... William had a rough start, but he got it together and ended on a great note! 
 I love this picture.... I think about how lucky that #10 is.... he has four living grandparents... who are able to walk on the field and huddle around him to tell him how proud they are!  I am not sure which one was more excited... I'm considering taking two cameras.... one to focus on the game... the other... for these four!  He is a loved little boy.... who has grown taller than all of us! 
 And this picture brings tears to my eyes too.... another grandmother who is just as proud of the coach!  How sweet to see the love here!
 Never have to tell these boys to smile... precious on the outside and inside.... and proud grandparents to go with it! 
 Looking up to his big brother! 
 Need a little advice?
 And here they are again.... I love sneaking pictures of them when they are posing for someone else.... those natural smiles... those natural talents....and all three of them have worked hard to get where they are....
 She loves him, but she isn't sure about a full hug... he stinks a little....
 The "FRANKLIN INSURANCE BABIES"....
And this last picture.... it's what Lincoln County football is all about... It's about a little boy who finally gets to wear his brother's jersey and feel special.... it's not quite time for him to play, but it won't be long... and I have a feeling he will want to carry on the #10 tradition....


No comments: