Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Little Rain, A Little Football, and A Lotta Smiles....

 I can't even remember the number of cheerleading squads I have coached, but this group of girls who I just get to watch from the sidelines love to smile, cheer, and be silly... we started today's session with a little rain.... and when you don't want your hair to mess up... you just use a megaphone... Really? 
 She wins the award for silliest of all...
 Cute hats girls.... looks like the "dunce caps" that bad children used to wear in school...
 I see this look all the time at home... eye rolling...
 A little more serious...
 Sweet girls, but a sweeter coach... glad she is guiding them! 
 She also picks out pretty cute jackets for them to wear! 
 Sassy and cute! 
 We jump for the Devils
 We love the Devils
 Give me an L
 Give me a C
 We got this! 
 We are SPIRITED! 
 And when your mama tells you to be silly... you don't even have to act.... it's just your natural way...
 Twin can kiss....
 Twin can smile...
 Savannah is excited! 
 How bout those Devils! 
 We got this! 
 I love the Devils! 
 Constantly posing...
 Wade, Christopher did great! 
 Precious Whit... "someone" made him cry and not let him  have cookies! 
 If you need to know anything at LCHS... ask one of these three... they know it all! 
 It wasn't too hot today... It was nice... and dreary...
 Here come the Devils
 I like Devils is still intact...
 I love this part... where they wrap their arms around their teammates...
 Prayers....
 Everyone wants to be a part of this...
 William kicking off...
 Ponchos... and cheering...
 They don't go together...
 I feel sure Daddy and James are talking about someone...
 Jack just broke up a pass...
 Way to go Jack! 
 Great play! 
 Thomas played just about the entire game tonight...
 Coach Bradford sending in plays...
 Daddy, James, and Big Jim... never took their eyes off him... the ladies like to talk, so we miss some plays, but not these three...
 Ben.... I do love him... but this week.... I've thought about trading him in for a puppy... just teasing... I don't even like dogs....
 Dana made it back to the game!  It was nice of her to sit out in the rain for her cousins! 
 Thomas in action...


 Whit got a cookie... or maybe two... or three... or four....
 One would think the Coach's daughter would know to wear a Red Devil shirt to the game! 
 And then... there were no more cookies... but he is still cute... even crying...
 Good job Christopher...


 There was  a beautiful pass to Jack...
 And in this picture... it looks like he caught it... we will leave it at that! 


  A little break in the game... Jack using Thomas's towel...

 Prayers for Austin....


 This is my favorite picture of the night.... Daddy with the little boys... they are getting bigger every day, but he still wants the little boys to come see him... I'm glad Daddy got to the golf course this week... I'm afraid he won't be able to move tomorrow, but Mama and I both think he needs to play some more to work out the soreness...


 And during the game... there was some great conversation going on.... Wouldn't we all like to be a fly on the fence...










 Guille.... doing his thing... you know... pointing his finger at me and telling me what to do... I guess that is what brothers are for....

 Isn't this sweet.... I know Thomas will look back one day and be so happy that Big Jim and Mama P came to see him...
 Daddy and one of his girl friends....


 Mama P is so excited! 
 KB hugging Thomas
 Daddy congratulating Thomas
 He had to say something ugly to him to get this grin out of him!!!
 Mama P and Jamesy
 Calm, cool, and collected... I'm proud of you Baby Thom... I'm proud of your accomplishments... I'm proud of your dedication... I'm proud of you trying so hard... Keep up the great work! 
 And Jack's Papa came to see him....
 The Nix side! 
 Almost forgot to get this one...
 And of course the one with her and the two boys...
 They stink.... so bad...
 And he wants to play... if he can learn to add... we will let him... just teasing... he will completely understand this in a few years... he has had some learning experiences these past two weeks...
 Ronnell came to see William... and William did great....
What a fake smile.... That's what he gets for pointing his finger at me...

The Devils pulled out a victory tonight.... we are hoping for another one next week... So proud of the cheerleaders and the team... they have done a great job this season! 

No comments: