Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend~ 2014

 Well- we took Ben to the beach with us.... and for a pre-game outfit... he morphed into a Tiger... scared us to death.... Thanks Jack for the entertainment outfit! 

I really don't have a lot to say about the game... Clemson lost... Georgia won... life goes on.... I appreciate the hundred text messages I got about the score... I'm continuing my quest in not responding to negativity.... I'm showing my children how to lose at things gracefully.... and how to win by being humble and not bragging.... they are learning quickly... we are all smiles in the McKinney house right now! 
 I did NOT do a good job of taking pictures this time... I was exhausted from one of the busiest months in my entire life... I sat in a chair and relaxed, visited with friends, and enjoyed delicious food.  I can't wait to do it again!  A plan is already in the works for next year!  I love it! 
 Sis thought she needed a Clemson bathing suit.... and I can see that she made sure Jack matched her!  I'm worried that he is treating her like a princess.... He may run away!  :)
 Riding waves!
 I didn't take this picture... yes... this is a huge tree outside the condo.... a monkey... that's what he is really is!  A good one though.... he helped out tremendously... if he and sis "bust up" before we go again... he can still go to carry all my things to the beach for me! 
 Ben showing off for Ellie! 
 Ellie and Ben love the pool more than anything else.... and they are so competitive.... more to come on that one! 

 We met for ice cream at Marley's.... and these games outside are the best invention ever.....
 Waiting on the oversized Jenga to fall
I'm scared to touch anything! 
 The last day we got up early to head to the beach.... Knowing I didn't have any pictures, Sis went back to the room and got my camera... I got a few shots, but I never left my chair... I promise to do better next time! 
 He could be a model.... except he isn't a quarterback.... He avoids my pictures on purpose, but I got him without him having a clue! 
 And this little one had a great time in the waves... I just somehow think that somewhere the wires got crossed that we were confused with a family that was supposed to be living at the beach... I feel sure that my dreams will come true one day of my only worry being what time I need to move my chair because the tide is coming in.... there is no place more relaxing to me than being in a chair at the beach... just sitting and watching the waves... it's a renewal process.... great therapy too! 
 She just sits and thinks too... I have watched her enough to know that she is already planning what to do next! 
 They do love each other... I'm so glad they have each other to fight with, to pick on, and to sneak around and play tricks on Mark and me... they keep us on our toes... and they make us strive to make it to the next day... they are truly gifts that I can't express how much I appreciate! 
Side Story:  There was  a couple in our church who used to dress in the same colors every week... We would snicker noticing it each week when we were little... I think these two are just like that... they matched everywhere we went... and as I walked the halls today of the high school... these two proudly sported their Clemson shirts... I love them both!  It's the first time these two have been back to the beach together since this trip....

May they always be best friends... and let's hope he will still carry her things around, go get what she needs, and keep those precious smiles! 

 Ben on the last day still playing hard! 
They finally get a lighthouse picture... and yes, they matched again.... still sporting Clemson colors even though it wasn't a victory... I've always said Jack looks just like Brad, but he has Michelle's sweet, kind, loving heart... but at the end of play Saturday night... I heard the downstairs door slam and I said  "Well, there goes Little Brad".... I guess he might act like him too!  Daddy and I laughed at him telling us he was blocking people from his phone with their ugly messages... Let's hope Clemson has a few good games to recover from this loss!  It was a great weekend even without the wins for the Devils and Tigers.... Let's hope these are the only games they lose all year! 

No comments: