Monday, September 22, 2014

Ben's Turn

KB has gotten all the attention on the blog lately... so it's Ben's turn!  This past Sunday he started fall golf... I'll have to say it was much better weather than this summer....it was still hot, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the summer heat in July.  

I can't believe that I have a ten year old... and a fourteen year old... but especially this ten year old... when I think back to his birth... and having my gall bladder out at 12 weeks pregnant... and then having cholestasis and wondering if he would be here at all.... I have no doubt that the hard-headed little boy I deal with on a daily basis survived to keep me on my toes!  He likes to point out his scars and tell stories about how he did this or that and how rough the situation was... As I sat in the golf cart yesterday, I noticed my legs and all the little white spots that I know were at one time little bumps that I scratched until they bled... I don't mind at all that I can't be a model...I have a pretty little boy for the suffering!

He looks so big to me in this picture... He chooses his own clubs when I take him to play, he keeps me straight about what he can and can't do, and he does a great job at keeping his score. 


 He is left-handed, but he plays right-handed.... I'm glad... that's the only comparison I can make with him about golf... everything else he does much better at than me! 
 I look at him in this picture and think of all the grown men I have made fun of for wearing Sunday School socks and tennis shoes... and here he is doing the same thing... but I think it might be the style right now! 
 I wish I had his figure.... I could just eat him up! 
 On the practice green
 He stole my heart about 12 hours after he was born and I got to meet him.... that sassy look on his face has nothing to do with the fact that I was bothering him to smile for a picture... he thinks he is grown... but he will always be my baby! 
 Teeing off at the #1 tee box... this golf series announces their names just like they are in a real golf tournament...
 Coming off the first tee... My wish is you will always have birdies in golf and life... but a par is okay too.... and if you get a bogey... deal with it with a sweet spirit! 
 My hearts... I'm not sappy, or affectionate, or lovey dovey at all.... but seeing these two together... reminds me of just how lucky I am....
 I'm so thankful that his daddy was his caddy... this was the hilliest course I have ever seen....
 This was a fist pump... Ben had just hit an awesome shot... I wanted to be like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women and give a fist pump "whoop whoop"... but I thought they may send me back to the car if I did that....
 Waiting to putt...
 I really could just pinch him.... he will never know how much I love him....
 I'm jealous of his ability to get up and down out of a sand trap... I get nervous when I hit a ball in there... he could care less...
 Putting off the green....
Had a little too much speed and had to send it back...

He ended the day earning a medal... he could have cared less.... He played with 7th graders yesterday and I'm not sure he was the least bit intimidated... me... I was very scared for him.  I want him to always be happy, to always be confident, and to always know that I will support him. 

There aren't many things that I give up my Sunday afternoon nap for... but watching him enjoying playing a sport that has been a part of my life since I was little.... I guess I can sacrifice a little sleep.   

No comments: