Thursday, October 2, 2014

LC Junior Varsity vs. WW Varsity

I think all I'm going to say in this blog about the football game today is in the title.  Isn't that ugly?  There are so many ugly things I could say right now... but I'm going to focus on the positive.  First of all, I need an electrician to come to my house!  I'm sitting on a floor with a lamp plugged in because I don't have lights at my desk... or in my bathroom... I feel like I might have to have someone go under the house and fix something, but I wouldn't dare go under there myself because a snake might be there.... now... that is positive because someone is going to get a little side job to come get me some lights... I need the lights to help me get dressed in the morning!


And in the grand scheme of things.... all that really matters is that two little children I'm responsible for have a big smile on their face... and they do... they are happy as can be... so all the work stuff that I can't quit thinking about... I wish it would go away in the blink of an eye. 




 It's the beginning of October... Breast Cancer Awareness... I'm proud to support this month by encouraging the girls to wear these socks... Katie Britt and I worked so hard on them.... Just teasing... What would I do without Lolly and Veve?  They help me out.... they have been helping me forever... Lolly did the socks and Veve made the pom pom balls.... I think they are precious!

 I'm glad there were lots of visitors at the game tonight... that way I don't have to talk about the game... Donna came all the way from Hilton Head.... she didn't get to see a win, but Jack got his name called lots of times! 
 I wish.... they brought it... and I have pictures to prove it... but we will focus on all this! 
 They prayed.... and hoped to win... but it just didn't happen this night! 
 Pat came to see Jack... 
 I think Wyatt looks like Brad may have looked as a little boy... all sweet and innocent!  But according to Mark- Brad wasn't the perfect child... Mark was though...
 And then... here comes Jane...
 And Aunt C
 Jacccckkkkkkkk had a good game....
 Veve came to see Sis and Thomas.... and the socks! 
 And Lolly came too.... I'm so glad they come watch children that they have adopted to love!  I'm not sure if my children will ever know all the ones who helped me when they were little and I was little... but these two have always been there! 
 Jamesy- He loves to be on the blog... I didn't know he read it!  I love you Jamesy- I'm sorry you don't want to come to my party Saturdaaaaaayyyy and watch Clemson and would rather go to Athens... that's not nice!  I'm going to play quarterback at halftime and you are going to miss it! 
 Sis found Caroline a ball.  She was so excited... I thought we would never score for her to get one! 
 Ben and his buddies at the game... they are dreaming big... love to watch the hits... and oohhh and awww over everything! 
 Sis... you only have one more JV game... ya'll have done a great job! 
 Thomas passing off the ball...
 and off the field....
 Mark and Butch analyzing what should have happened in the game.... I love to hear Daddy... he doesn't have a filter at all... He's honest... he tells us what everyone does wrong... even those in our own house!  It hurts our feelings sometimes, but the best is learning from our mistakes.... I love the lessons he and Mama have taught me by being honest... I'm always prepared for the worst...and hope for the best...
 Baby Thom.... I sure do have a big place in my heart for this little one... I love watching you play... I love hearing how honest you are... taking the blame when you make wrong decisions... and being completely upfront about your plays... You and KB together are dangerous... I sure hope you will keep watching over her and make sure she is safe! 
 Jaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk------Great game!  I'm proud of you this season... It's exciting to watch you and I love that you are living out a dream to play for the Devils. 
 Christopher... your Uncle Wade loves you!
 Two tired boys! 
 Waiting on Jackkkkk....
 Such a sweet picture... I know that love that you have for a nephew...
 Precious picture...
 And Caroline is amazed that Jack has all this on!  I hope ya'll make it back to Hilton Head safely. Dana- so glad you made it back! 
 Lawana... this one's for you!  Your two babies and William... I can't believe how big they are getting... I should have taken a picture of my two with your two, but I didn't think of it until too late! 
 Mama P and Baby James... and Christie! 
 Big Jim jumped in too! 
 Aunt C came to support Thomas too!
 Brad yelled at me to show me his muscle....
 Ben's is bigger than yours! 
 And after a big steak to drown our sorrows in after the game... we came home to smiles and fun and dogs.... and hopefully a cat somewhere... What a week it has been... but I'm thankful for my job... I'm thankful for two active children... I'm thankful for Mark who can bring me something to eat when I don't have time... I'm thankful for brothers who make me laugh... I'm thankful for honest parents... and an uncle who knows how to cook my steak just right... for visitors to Lincolnton who love our closeness and community... and for talks with friends... I'm thankful for old friends and new friends who make my heart smile... I'm also very grateful for those of you who keep encouraging me to write... I appreciate you telling me you wait on Thursday nights... Just when I think I'll skip a night writing... I do it for you!  I can sleep when I die!  That's what Gail said after she got breast cancer... I'll never forget that.... I think that's great advice... enjoy life now... and sleep later!  I don't want to miss a thing! 
Actually- I do it for these two... and not Dabo... which by the way... he is feeling much better... I figured out this week the dog is a boy... but I called him a girl when we shooting this picture! 

Dear Lord, Thank you for these two... their smiles each day... their love for their mama no matter what her mood is... their attitudes in good and bad times... their care and concern for others around them.... their hearts...I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve them... I'm not worthy, but I sure am glad I get to call them mine.  Thank you for making me see that they are precious gifts that you are letting me lead with your guidance... and I know I could never do it without you! 
Watch over them... their minds, their hearts, and their souls... I want them to know that I love them with all my heart... and no matter how hard it is to believe... they will always be my babies... even if I can't hold them in my arms anymore.

                                                                                                     Amen

No comments: