Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer ~ Wait... I thought teachers and children had three months off.....

Yeah- three months off for the summer... exactly why I wanted to be a teacher... actually, it wasn't for that... I liked to grade papers and see how students could give me back what I thought they needed to know and just how unique/out of the box they could be when they would write answers to an essay.  I graduated from Georgia Southern in June of 1994.... I worked at the bank that summer... and every summer since then I have been working... doing something... so anyone who thinks that teachers have those months off... sorry... it isn't true.  I say all this... to say I am very jealous of KB and Ben... sleeping late, having a few chores to do, eating junk food all day, playing, surfing the internet... wouldn't that be fun? 

Last night while I was at the board meeting, Ben called me and said he was headed to Atlanta to "work" with Mark.  His voice is absolutely precious when he says Atlanta... sounds like an airline stewardess to me.... My children love staying in hotels... they have been doing it since they were infants... they aren't afraid... they know the routine... and they know that good food is always in their paths when staying with their daddy. 

This morning I got this first picture....

 All good days start with a big breakfast and a special order of French Toast!  I wasn't here to pick out his clothes, but he chose he own outfits for the day... maybe he really does listen to me.  They headed to a quick meeting after eating.... and then.... I get this video
 
 
All boys like to stop by golf shops and buy things they don't need... I used to say that Payne Stewart was my favorite golfer... then I chose Phil Mickelson.... and now... I think Benny McKinney sounds good! 
 
 
Evidently after a little shopping, he changed into a golf shirt and headed to Jim and Nick's... they were nice enough to bring me a bag of mix to make cheese biscuits... sweet boys... thinking of  me their bellies...
 
 And then... about 3:15.... this was Ben... sound asleep in the car.... I'm glad he wasn't old enough to drive... working wore him out! 
 I love technology... the pictures... the stories.... the videos.... capturing moments that are special to a mama.... I'm hoping for big things for you little one..... I'm glad that your days are few of eating junk and doing nothing during the summer.... I love your work habit... and your attitude about finishing projects!  Keep that fire and you will be successful in whatever you do....
I'm so proud of you and your ability to do just about anything I ask.... this week you have pressure washed, painted your room, and managed to have a little fun with Daddy going to work! 

And I can't leave out KB.... she stayed home alone today.... she has had a little set back in her ability to sleep upstairs... hopefully, when everything is finished upstairs both of them will move up there, but for now... she is downstairs with us... I not only like my little chickens all in my house at night... I also like my little chickens where I can hear them breathing (or snoring in Ben's case) (or talking in KB's case)  during the night.... She sent me this picture before lunch.... she is the ultimate "lazy days of summer" model....




I would venture to say that she and the cat are tied for time spent sleeping and being lazy today.... she did manage to walk outside and get her lunch from the car and bring me some oreos!  She is also enjoying making fun of me and "selfies"... we may label this the summer of selfies... who can be the scariest?  She did manage to make it to spirit camp, but when we went to get ice cream she said she was going to fall asleep standing up.... three hours of work and she is exhausted.... Her giggles, her corny laugh, and her sweet, sweet spirit make these difficult days of getting up a little easier for me! 
 
I am blessed with two hard-headed, active, spirited children!   

No comments: