Friday, May 16, 2014

End of Middle School

     I know it seems like yesterday that I was dropping you off at Kiddie Korner in Woodruff with Ms. Cathy, Ms. Jerry, Ms. Tracie, and Ms. Patty.... It's like I have really blinked and you are about to enter high school.  As I sat in the auditorium yesterday, I was overcome with emotions as I thought about how quickly your first years of school have flown by and you only have four more.  I truly wish I could live life with a remote control... I would pause life right now.... it's the perfect time... you can brush your hair, fix your breakfast/lunch/supper/snacks, take care of yourself, talk to me when you are upset, laugh with me when you are happy, and give me just enough hugs to be "agavatin sis"! 
     I'm covering you with prayer each and every day in hopes that you will continue in this pattern of being sweet and sassy with just enough charm to make me proud!  This year has been such a learning experience...and we are all the better for it.  When things didn't go like we planned...we relied on His plan and were blessed even more.  To say I want to brag about you everyday would be an understatement... no one else wants to hear about how wonderful you might be, but I don't want you to ever doubt my belief that I know with every ounce of my heart that you are going to be just who you need to be and you are going to be perfect in my eyes.... no matter what.  I'm extremely proud of you this year for being so aware of grades... you have set your goals and through these tough middle school years you are putting petty things aside to accomplish them.  I personally think you are worrying too much about the future, but I know what you want and your Daddy and I will do everything in our power to make it happen. 
     This is a big week for you... we started at the Jr. Beta Induction Ceremony where you received your stole for promotion next week.  As you led the ceremony, I decided you might need to be a public speaker instead of a nurse... I thought about your last year and how you have done so many things... You ended last year by getting up in front of lots of people at the Board of Education meeting and telling them what you thought.  As I sat in the kitchen and listened to your speech... I cried tears of joy to hear your voice...the voice of a thirteen year old who knew what she wanted to say and didn't care that I was a nervous wreck about you getting up and telling it.  I was so proud...you continue to make me speechless... to make tears well up and thank God that I was blessed to have you! 












I think ya'll were tired of pictures?????






I love that this is just the 8th graders~ minus one~ in our church.... when you have a foundation like this to keep you straight...surely you will think twice before acting up!!!  Let's hope so! 

Last night we had to go to the athletic banquet for the high school.... you were such a good basketball player you got moved from middle school to junior varsity... HA... just teasing... they needed you for a warm body to play.  I'm so glad I encouraged you to get out of that box... you are eager this year for basketball and I can't wait to watch you! 

Congratulations on the Coach's Award.... Ms. Jackson pushed you this year and I love someone to make my children reach their highest ability level!  Congratulations to Jack too for being Most Improved!  I can't believe you two have made it this far..... when everyone else is on your nerves... you always seem to be happy when he is around. I'm glad he makes you smile, has nice manners, and entertains Ben on our family trips!  Jack and KB... your granddaddies would be so proud of the two of you... I still think ya'll are just best friends... no matter what your future ends up as... I'm glad you have had him to keep you straight during your middle school years! 
     Thanks for being almost perfect during your middle school years, KB.... I'm proud of every single accomplishment you have made!  Keep your chin up... reach those goals... and remember that there is always something else when you get something checked off your list!  

Love, Mama


No comments: