Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ben.... straight out of the mouth of babes....or not....

     Two quick stories that I need to record before I forget them...

     Yesterday, KB, Ben, and I were working in the yard... He loves nothing more than to hook up the trailer to his four wheeler and haul pine cones, sticks, limbs, cuttings... anything.... I am truly lucky to have such a "worker bee" in him.... He is my partner in crime when I start something outside... After he was finished hauling and I was done blowing off the driveway, he ran inside to get the broom.  When he came out I asked him to line up the lawn mower, the extra four wheeler, and the golf cart so they didn't look like someone had just robbed a bank and took off running... He really debated on giving me the broom, but told me to sweep the trailer out while he straightened the ride ons... I swept, and swept, and swept.... We both finished about the same time and he walked up to the trailer... looked at me... looked at the broom... and said, "Mama, I see what a good job you did on the trailer, and I like it... but I would like to go back over it one more time."..... He took the broom and did it all over again.  Who says PBIS doesn't work... I couldn't even get mad... he has learned to praise while he corrects me!  He hurt my feelings, but I totally understand those OCD tendencies. 

     The second story has some details that I will leave out because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.... He knows the story...and will always remember it... but for me, it just reminded me that anytime I say something... He is listening and absorbing everything.  In our family, when we think little miracles are occurring or we are amazed by situations or we cannot believe something is happening... we always say "You better get your heart right with God".... today... Ben witnessed something and as I was sitting not paying much attention to the situation... He sent me a text message from across the room that said, "Get your heart right with God"... He even knew to capitalize God... I love it!  Yes, it was probably a little ugly what he was talking about... but I'm thrilled to know he can spot these little situations at the young age of 10.  I have smiled a lot this weekend... he does that to me.  Crawling up beside me to rub his back, whispering in my ear that he loves me the best, and leaving a sticky note on my forehead while I was sleeping to tell me he loves me are just a few things he does to warm my heart... it makes those times that I would like to wring his neck a little easier.... I am blessed by that sweet boy.  May his heart continue to know to "Get right with God"! 

No comments: