Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Letter from Mark

     For the past two years I have spent my Sunday mornings writing papers and organizing my thoughts for the week.  Luckily, this morning I don't have to do that!  I have been cleaning out emails... I think Mark will be okay with me posting this~

It's from August of 2012 to KB's 7th grade science teacher.  She asked parents to write a letter giving information about their children.  I can tell from the email he sent her it was late.... I'm sure KB will enjoy reading this one day. 

Lisa –

Please do not let Katie Britt’s father’s tardiness be a reflection upon her and the
type of work you should expect from her this year.  I do apologize for the delay in
getting this assignment to you, and I hope that the delay has not caused any
troubles.  To add to the excitement, I misplaced the actual sheet and am in the
airport now ‘winging’ it …

Katie Britt is an amazing young lady (used to be little girl) that continues to make
us proud each and every day.  You will find that “Sis” is soft spoken but very smart
behind that quiet little exterior.  She values her family tremendously and has a
purely loving heart (even for Ben).  She has become an extension of Britt and myself
at home and we continue to put more responsibility on her to help out with keeping
things afloat.  She gets bored easily which you may see some during the year …. So
please always challenge her and keep her on her toes.

In addition to a loving heart, she also has a tender heart and a desire to always
please and do the right thing … if and when we ever have to correct her for being a
kid, she takes it so personally and hates to disappoint folks.  She accepted Christ
at 9 ½ and continues to be active in the Church and really seems to have a love for
it … that and she gets to see all of her friends.

She loves Clemson football, her dog Dabo, dancing and riding four wheelers.  She has
recently found a love for the pageant world (not like Honey Boo Boo) and continues
to become more and more beautiful each day – inside and out.  She fishes, shoots a
bb-gun and will get dirty with Ben and crew … she loves to play practical jokes on
Britt with me, and her laugh is infectious (albeit, goofy).

With all that being said, she is also a pure 12 year old girl and we can see a
little sassiness come out every now and then … always respectful, but being a 12
year old nonetheless.

Push her, and I think you will be pleased.  Always, always know that you can come to
us with any concerns at all … we thank you for taking care of her this year!

M


Katie Britt... don't ever doubt that you aren't a "Daddy's Girl".... He loves you more and more I see you being JUST LIKE HIM!  

By the way... I love this assignment.... Isn't it great for children to know how their parents feel about them?  Sometimes children on see this through the hugs, the kisses good night, and the "I'm proud of you".... but wouldn't it be great for each child to have the opportunity to read what their parents say about them?  Thanks Lisa... I'm glad you did this! 


No comments: