Sunday, May 25, 2014

I probably shouldn't post this.... but I am....

     It didn't take long for Round One of the Summer Fights to start Friday afternoon.... as a child...they were the best.... sit around.... bored... can't think of anything else to do.... so let me pick on my brother and then have a throw down.... I still enjoy them.... when I want to... Ben has been known to get a bloody nose from a pillow I threw and KB may or may not have been pinched while playing King of Mountain (Bed) during some rounds.... The difference in my children... and my summer rounds are that Mark and I are both home trying to work, answer emails, the phone calls...etc... Mama and Daddy were never home... so when I would get enough of Guille I would go to my room and slam the door... BTW...there is still a hole at the bottom of it that fits his foot...but we don't know where it came from....
     Friday afternoon I told both of them to pick three books off the shelf that they would be interested in reading.... I had to intervene in the fights so I could have some peace....Well... Bless Ben's heart... he picked chapter books that have about twenty pages each... KB... she picked three Dr. Seuss picture books.... So- I decided to make Ben's assignment due next Friday... and hers was due by three o'clock that afternoon... I knew she would never finish it... She proved me wrong... and I am so proud of it.... If you have never read the books... you need to.... and here are her versions!  (It takes a few minutes for them to load)

 
 
 
And the other child who is in the Summer Fights..... He grilled our steaks Friday night for supper...
 
And begged to pressure wash the drive way this morning before Sunday School...

 
I'm thankful I have a creative child...and a worker bee.... now if they could just get along....
 

No comments: