Sunday, November 30, 2014

And November is Over... in just a few hours

I think this has been the best Thanksgiving break I can remember in years!  Not having Monday and Tuesday off, we were forced to stay in Lincolnton and not travel or make plans.  I liked it that way... even though I had been looking for a few months to try to find tickets to NYC for the Macy's parade... thank goodness they were never in my budget!  It was a little frightening with the verdict released and riots. 
Wednesday we started decorating for Christmas and undecorating from fall...I've been accused of overdecorating for every holiday... I like it that way!  It's not as bad as it could be....  I cooked lunch and then we decided to head to the movies for the afternoon.  We met Michelle and her children and then ate at Cracker Barrel... I forget how much she makes me laugh!  We watched the movie about the big white blow up thing that saves everyone... I don't think it falls into the category of a Nemo or a Gone with the Wind, but it was okay... 
Thursday morning we got up and did a little more decorating and then headed to Jane's to feast... Of course I ate too much... I said I wasn't going to do it... and I did it!  After we ate, we watched a little football and relaxed.  Mark and I had a little business in North Carolina Friday morning, so we decided to head up early and spend the night.  We made it about 9:30 and decided to see what all the hype was about with Black Friday shopping... We still don't have an answer... I am not sure there is anything that would make me stand in those lines and wait for hours to check out...and on top of that ... miss my sleep... 
We headed back to Lincolnton Friday afternoon and enjoyed leftovers!  I decorated a little more Friday night... and decided that I would finish later... Saturday was a big day... we got up and fluffed everything and BC and JMAC came over to watch the Clemson game and eat.  BC did the main part of pork tenderloin and "greasy rice", and I added a few sides (I actually sent Mark to get the leftovers from Mama)... I became really nervous during the game and the energy worked in my favor... I got all the laundry done... I got all the ironing done... I washed the windows where the bird who wakes us up every morning has been pecking on the back door.... As Clemson fans we know not to get too excited until we see 4th quarter 0:00.  It was fun to win, but then we flipped to the Ga/Ga Tech game and realized our game was pretty boring compared to that... all we could think of was how glad we were that we didn't have to wait all day for the game to be played... it was nice to have a relaxing afternoon when the game ended... Mark and JMac behaved themselves and didn't hit anything or throw anything during the game... We ended up going to visit Daddy for one of the late games... and then Mayonnaise, Velda, Mama, and I rode around and looked at lights while the children played basketball. 
This morning we headed to church and then spent the afternoon piddling with decorations... I think I need a talent... like making bows... or making live wreaths... or covering old pillows... I need all that done, but I know I don't want to attempt that!  Tonight we had a guest pianist / singer at church and he was great.  I love someone who can play the piano like that.... I think I need that talent too... After church we went to Mama's to eat TacoRing.... it was so good after eating Thanksgiving food all weekend...

I am sure that one day I'm going to look back and regret not taking pictures over the week.... but it was a stress free week... I did lots of shopping on line... and made lots of decisions about things I need to get... I'm excited about a mini-vacay for me next week... I'm excited about December events... I'm excited that we have three weeks of school before we are out for Christmas... It's amazing what a little break will do for the soul... Those things that were weighing on me last Monday and Tuesday... aren't really important right now... It's breaks like these that let me know that priorities are important... Faith and then family... and that's what I've tried to focus on this week of thanksgiving... I'm so thankful for all members of my family... they drive me crazy... the get on my nerves... they can be "demanding", but they are mine and I'm so glad I get to spend each day with them... Tonight as we settle back into a routine... I'm so glad we have had these laid-back days of doing what we want .... when we want... but I'm also grateful for a job. 

I had all intentions of taking pictures of our decorations, the new elf "Clem" who arrived even though we know about the Christmas spirit, and a few pictures of the new creature who has decided that staying in my house is more fun than being outside... but I have nothing... I guess if someone wants to see it... they will have to head on over~ 

No comments: