Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I Start a Diet EVERY Monday....

     It's that time of year that everyone starts talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings... and parties, events, and socials that must involve eating.  I personally think the best thing in life is sitting down to a great meal with family and friends... or option 2 is having a plate full of dips that I can make myself almost sick over...
     My children don't help my matters any... they eat any and everything they want... and it isn't fair... I want to eat all that too... this afternoon Ben and James have eaten 8 HUGE peanut butter cookies that I made them.  It was so hard not pinching just a bite off them... It's so hard to walk by the candy bowl in my kitchen and not take some... I have a treasure chest in my office with all the different types of chocolate kisses that are made... everyone likes to make laps through there to pick up a bite or two.  As I sit here now... my mouth is watering because I know that Mama is making potato soup for supper.  Many times I think why do I worry about my weight... but then I'm miserable when I get to a certain point. 

So... why would I include these thoughts on my blog to my children... KB... I feel sure one day you will do the same thing... you will start that diet every Monday... and possibly make it to Friday before you cheat... but every ounce you lost during the week will be gained back over the weekend.  I tell you this to let you know that it is okay... and we really can't do anything about it... It's how God made us... I do often wonder what skinny people worry about every day... I mean... when I worry... I want to eat... I worry a lot... Skinny people obviously don't have worry in their lives because they can eat what they want... I remember my high school health teacher telling me that we either eat to live...or live to eat... I'm in that second category... I would love to know what the people who eat to live think about all the time... I think about cheese, and bread, and chocolate, and Oreos, and pizza, and chocolate some more...

I know this blog has no meat to it... it isn't interesting or informative... but I'm trying my best to entertain myself while the potato soup is cooking... yeah... I'm thinking about that too.

No comments: