Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fall Festival, LC/Aquinas/ Halloween in November, ETC....

 I was beginning to feel a little panicked because I have lots of pictures that need a story... and I haven't sat down to write... I was up very early this morning... my normal time... I'll admit I was a little jealous of the  neighboring counties who are claiming to have SNOW.... really?  In November... but they have pictures to prove it... I'm just going to think about something else... I will vouch that it is C O L D outside... more on that later... 
I'm not sure who took this picture of me, but I finally see what I have been told all my life... I have a ski jump nose... As many times as I have heard it...and it hurts my feelings... I see it... sometimes the truth hurts... I think this is a trait of the Drinkards... It sure would have been nice to get something else from them... like their height, or their skinny legs, or even their smarts... but no... I got the nose...
 A picture of my partner in crime... she keeps me straight at work... and without her and Marie reminding me of where I need to be... I would miss so many things! 
 Ben at the Fall Festival at church last Sunday... in shorts and t-shirt... and tomorrow...it's supposed to be cold again... we were burning up at this though!
 My pretty Tis.... she was working the children's prize walk...where everyone is a winner and take as many things as you want! 
 A little basketball with the big boys....
 Face Painting...
 It's sad that I don't remember what she had on her face...
 Golf for the little ones... turns into golf for the big boys...
 Check out Georgia's precious dress... that Karyn made... I have no talent... It's so cute! 
 Two sweethearts that love to give me a smile when I can get my camera in focus! 
 I caught Luck running up the hill...

Laura and Johnny in their element... with their grandgirls... no one had to ask them to smile!  It's all natural!


 I LOVE this picture.... I think I took about twenty of this shot... Huddy did various things... none of them was looking at me... but he is adorable looking up at VeVe and smiling... and it's great of everyone else! 
 Him so precious to my heart...
 Johnny having a little snack time with the girls...
 The big boys decided to move to football....
 Is Lauren practicing to take over Spratlin and Sons?
 Or maybe Georgia is....


And now to the LC vs. Aquinas Game
 We had a big day yesterday... I love when we prove people wrong... we didn't win, but everyone said we had no chance and would lose by a lot... No... we had a little faith... and we only lost by two points... What a great example of team who started out struggling and worked to pulling it together to show that we are still LC football and we put up a fight and a scare for any and all teams! 
 The cheerleaders dressed like football players for Halloween!  I'm not sure about these signs the girls are throwing... I don't like them... but after looking at pictures... I see that they like to do this...I'm gonna have to check that out... These three are cousins... who knew they would end up the best of friends when they were born in different states fourteen/fifteen years ago! 
 The football stance... too pretty to be players...
 And now... they all throw those signs...
 I love their smiles, to watch them cheer, to see their spirit... thank you Lord for placing her right smack dab in the middle of this group! 
 They look strong and tough... but honestly... they are a little bossy... and sassy...
 And here goes those signs again...
 They got new windsuits this week...
They love to pose.... I should be honored to be their official photographer, but I'm really feeling the pressure to capture pictures for them... KB has been working on their page for the yearbook and changing things in and out... I'm so afraid I have the picture going in the wrong direction...
The worried look on their faces... tells the story of the game...


 Come on Devils!.....
 We need a first down...
 We need a 3rd down conversion! 


Come on Red...

 Let's Go Devils!


Get up crowd!  Yell for the boys!

 These two cuties sat beside us last night....
 I'm thinking he is so pretty because of the ski jump nose! 
 RCA....
 Harper said it was too cold to be twirling that baton! 
 But she did her finger twirl...
 and shook her hips a little...
 TOTY at LCHS Ms. Jeni Marlow!   I'll have to say that KB loves her... and I have loved watching her grow as teacher over the past few years!  She is doing wonderful! 
 TOTY LCES/System wide... Stephie Britt!  I knew she would get this honor one day... truly has a gift that Ben was fortunate enough to experience last year! 
 While everyone else in the world was trick-or-treating last night.... not LC... we cancel Halloween and everyone goes to the football game...
 I love when cheerleaders cheer with poms in their hands...
 And after a disappointing loss... some people need a hug...
 Jane giving Thomas a little love...
 They both were 42 last night.....
 All smiles! 
 Thomas looks thrilled to have me taking more pictures...
 And how many more do we need of these three? 
 Harry's home! 
And the last picture of the day.... For the first time since the district wide pep rally was initiated... the BOE was asked to present a skit like the three schools do... We did a little inappropriate dancing... Mayonnaise did the "Stanky Leg"... and the old people didn't win the competition... but we had a good time!  I got to wear 42 during that too! 

And now... since we didn't have Halloween last night... we are going to have it on November 1st... I love that Lincolnton makes their own holidays... I have lots to do before the 400 or so trick or treaters come through our neighborhood tonight.... but I'm so glad to be sitting in a warm house as I see the "stuff" falling from the sky... it looks cold...and wet.... I'm excited about seeing costumes tonight... family this afternoon for snacks... and most of all... that extra hour of sleep that I am going to get in the morning! 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Britt--
I loved looking through these and reading your comments. I am proud to be from Lincoln County!

Danielle johnson said...

Wonderful work! You truly captured the essence of this day! 😊