Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving at Mimi's

I'm not too sure why I didn't feel the need to pull out my camera and take lots of photos for our Thanksgiving gathering yesterday... It could have had to do with the fact I didn't get in the bed until 4:15 AM!  We arrived at BC's and JMac's on the beautiful sunny day that screamed "Pull the Camaro out, let the top down, and go ride"... somewhere we got lost in the part that it was extremely cold.  Jack, Katie Britt and Ben enjoyed riding and "hausin" the motor!  Betty Carol said she hoped Jack had sense to not throw Ben out of the car!  KB wanted to drive on the real road.... the things / decisions we make on little sleep will come back to haunt us. 
Jack and KB wanted to go show Pat the car so we all piled up - no seat belts on- and rode down WhiteTown Road to see Pat... she wasn't there, but Donna's Mustang was... The children got in...but no keys!  I'm sure it's just a  matter of time before it will be pulled out to make laps at Thanksgiving and Christmas too! 
BC cooked pork tenderloin, corn, mac and cheese, green beans, rolls, sweet potato pie, and a pound cake from the "pure women" was for dessert... Needless to say I had to nap after all those carbs... I perched right in the middle of the floor with "a piece of cover" and a pillow... I'm not sure that I saw any of the second or third quarter of the Clemson game...
After my nap we talked a little Common Core, assessment, behavior, and how to deal with people... It was fun!  Ben made sure we all had our names for Christmas... I didn't get the name I wanted because I have a free dog to give away... I think it was set-up...
The best part of the day for me was my message that I only had to bring the ice!  I'm so thankful for that! 
We have a busy day today... a busy week... and a busy December right around the corner.  I'm glad for peaceful days with those who love us and have our best interests at heart. I'm often reminded how lucky I am to have in-laws who I can be in the room with and not fight.... it's even better when they don't bother you or take inappropriate pictures of you while you are napping! 

No comments: