Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014 and A Few Extra Laughs....

 As we stood in the aisle at Target a few weeks ago, I debated on purchasing this costume for Ben... he promised me everything in the world if I would buy it for him... who knew it would be so much fun!  We are still getting scares out of it tonight.  This afternoon when we were "fluffing" the house, I told Ben to go put it in his attic closet and he whispered and asked if he could put it in KB's bathtub.... I thought for only a second... and said, "Of course!".... We have been back to Mama and Daddy's to eat and just got home.  KB had to put some soap she got in the shower and I heard the scream... she beat Ben with the soap bottle all the way down the steps to me... He got her good... I have a feeling this little gorilla is going to show up in the future... before next Halloween...
 My two at Halloween... Katie Britt was so original in her outfit... she dressed as herself... I know everyone was out today trying to find an outfit to copy hers....
 And Jack too... he dressed as Jack!  They got to be the official candy giver outers... It was tooooo cold for me.... Besides... I'd much rather sit inside with good food and football... I did step outside a couple of times when I heard blood curdling screams coming from the driveway... Ben managed to prop himself up until people got right on KB and Jack and then he would move... it scared them to death!  
 While I was outside, Stephie Britt came by... such pretty little girls....
And Tinker Bell stopped by too... She wasn't so sure of Ben... she asked Benton, "Are you done?".... She didn't think she needed to stay much longer! 

Mark has headed out again today... I head out this week too.... Looking at my calendar... I might get a break right after Thanksgiving... I managed to put my Thanksgiving decorations out today... It shouldn't take too long to get them put back up....
A few pilgrims help me remember that I haven't worked nearly hard enough to have the blessings I have... and I should be so thankful for the times I live in.... I don't think I would have been a good "gatherer" of food off the land... or a person who lived without electricity... and I know I could never be a hunter to provide for food... so today, I'm thankful for little things... and most importantly, that I am warm, safe, and have plenty of extra fat to live off of if I lose power!  Let the holiday month of eating begin! 

No comments: