Saturday, November 15, 2014

Those were the days....

 I probably should just let the letter and pictures speak... but I have to add my two cents in... I often wonder how in the world I made it in Greenville without my family to help me every day.... but then seeing these pictures... I know God sent several little angels to help us out.... I love looking at how much KB has grown... and now I also know that she gained her class, her personality, her common sense, her love for Clemson, her charm, etc.... from these core people who are were huge part of life when we lived away from Lincolnton....
 My favorite story of Jefferson is when I was in the hospital with complications waiting on KB to be born.... Jefferson was at the hospital visiting me and decided to walk with us to have another ultrasound done.... as I was being rolled to the other side of the hospital, Mark got a call and had to answer some questions for work and waved Jefferson on in with me.... Little did either of us know that the ultrasound technician thought we were married and pulling my gown up all the way wouldn't be a problem... I quickly had to tell her that this was not my husband.... I am sure she wondered why I had two men with me by the end of the ultrasound.... Needless to say.... Jeffo is a close friend.... to both Mark and me! 
 This picture is when Kennedy and Karsen entered into the mix of things...
 All our single or newly married friends let us bring KB over for game night... dinner.... gatherings... I think they really enjoyed her looking back...
 Jeffo and Tater often kept KB when we had emergencies.... like the day Ben was coming.... and often they would just come and get her to play....
 I wonder if she bopped him upside the face with her sippy cup.... I love how much love is in these pictures...
 I still can't tell the twins apart... so I know I shouldn't even try with this.... she is going to be a good mama one day! 
 Hightowwweerrrrrr.... KB loved Hightower...when he wasn't off with other women.... KB still remembers the donkey who made noises that he gave her... she carried that thing around all the time... to this day... when we pass a donkey on the side of the road... KB yells out "Hightowwweeeerrr"....
 This was at Tatum and Jeffo's shower.... I would love to see her one more time with the crocheted blanket and pi pi she carried all the time... KB was often called Maggie Simpson.... but she outgrew it... One day... I hope her children and Ben's will love a blanket and a pipi as much as they did.... those creature comforts sure are nice for a mama and daddy when the baby wakes up in the night! 
And last... but most definitely not least... Stan and Miko... I think Miko was a little scared of you at first, but Kathryn knew exactly how to take care of you.... She took care of me too... she smuggled apple pies from McDonalds into the hospital several times... she provided a listening ear for my complaining.... and she was always ready and willing to babysit you when we needed her.... I would have never made it with her!

These pictures arrived in the mail this week and no matter how fast email, facebook, instagram, and all the other social media is... it sure is nice for someone to take the time to write a letter and send pictures... Makes me love them even more....

We need to get together again soon.... and I guess we should all bring our children so we have some pictures with ya'll at this age too!


No comments: