Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Edisto Day Four 2014

 Mark has been missing in the mornings.... I found him yesterday out on the beach... all by himself... reading a book... so peaceful... We discussed yesterday that this is the first vacation he has ever taken that he hasn't "peeked" at email.... It's been nice.... real nice...
 We are so close to the beach... Velda has been saying every night that the house is moving... last night Mark took a glass of water and went to her room... WE ARE MOVING.... Velda said she thought she needed to sleep with a noodle in case the house floated out into the ocean. 
 I wish I had thought to take a picture of this the first day... we brought our six foot camping table.... it is full of sweets.... they are slowly getting rid of things... I am proud to say I haven't touched one bite of the lemon squares, honey bun cake, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies,friendship bread, reesie cups, twix, Ooey Butter Cake, cupcakes, and a few more things...
 We played and played in the ocean yesterday..... Hudson is ready for swimming lessons... Mark has influenced him in so many ways.... it doesn't matter what Mark says to him... he does it.... Secretly, Mark is excited because no children like him... but Hudson loves "Monk"....
 Ben and Mark are like two ten year olds instead of father and son....
 Ben has ridden hundreds of waves.... as I watched him yesterday.... I was so thankful that he can entertain himself... I love this age.... He swims for a little bit... goes inside and changes.... gets him a snack... changes again... swims some more... plays a little ladder golf... comes inside and changes.... thank goodness Velda is running the washing machine non-stop... He changed clothes 8 times yesterday that we know of....
 Ridin the "big waves" as Huddy says...


 Such a ham....



 Veve had to get in the water too....

 Mayonnaise decided to go get another boat...
 I wish I could finish this book... It is taking me forever because I have been playing in the water... and looking for shark teeth... At 43, I found my first ones yesterday... I was so excited.... I think I have a total of four now.... It's addictive....
 Savannah... she is dark, but we have all decided she needs to stay in the house because she makes us look really white! 
 Emmie and Phil relaxing while Huddy naps....
 Mark again... and yes, we are changing clothes a lot.... I can't stand to sit inside in a wet bathing suit... so we are all changing clothes.... just not as much as Ben! 
 Playin a little frisbee
Last night was Mexican night.... I made chicken fajitas, Velda made rotel dip, and all we needed was the Mariachi Band to play a little Mexican music.... My favorite part of the trip is sitting around the table at night and we have to tell our highs and lows for the day.... it makes us laugh.... after supper last night Marion, Velda, and I rode to get water.... I'm glad I didn't grow up in Laura Ingalls days... The children and I walked to get ice cream last night and then Mark decided he needed a surprise... I stopped by the Waterfront and got him a piece of cheesecake...

These next pictures are from my phone... I'm sorry to say that I don't have a picture of KB from yesterday... I promise to do better today! 

 I taught Hudson the song "Deep and Wide".... that is all he wants to sing now... We are working on finding something new... he has run this one in the ground! 
 Huddy playing with Ben's Ipod.... amazing what a two year old can do with technology! 
 Somebody looks like they may be napping... the next pictures show what happened during this cat nap...
 Devilish face.....
 Getting up the courage to do it.....
 Can I really do it Mama? 
 And there he goes!  
 When Cole was this age... we all went to Panama City and he was fascinated with the water hose... well... guess who else likes it!  Cutest little butt we have ever seen...


Card tricks and Rummy-O were the games for last night.... Mark also taught Huddy a new dance...

It's time for another day out on the beach... Mark and Ben have gone to play golf... the girls have gotten up... they slept until noonish yesterday.... and I think Savannah has hidden KB's book from her... she said she isn't allowed to read it until she goes to bed... #nerd.... Savannah and I want to paint again... so we will possibly have a competition for tomorrow.... next year we need to stay two weeks to get everything done! 

No comments: