Saturday, July 12, 2014

Edisto 2014 Day Seven....

Our last day.... it's always sad to me... I want to be home by that point, but I also know that I will miss the beach.... it is my calming place... my thinking place.... I can figure out lots of things while there!

It was cloudy when we woke up, so we decided to run to the Serpentarium before heading to the beach.... I am learning to like all God's creatures...even though I don't like snakes or lizards....I didn't touch anything, but I also didn't run away when they were brought out... This is one of the brothers who owns it... wonderful presenter... and knows just about anything anyone asks! 
 Of course... McKinneys got to sit on the front row so they can see....
 From sharks to snakes.... EEEEEKKKKKKK
 And she did it too... ugh....
 Watching the turtles....
 And this tree is full of live snakes... crawling around.... I asked God to protect me.... and please let my feet be able to move fast enough to get away from them if one got loose....
 We came back to the house and headed out to the beach... the weather was perfect for my fair skin! 
 And Ben learned to do the skim board...
 KB and Memaw(who else knows a 14 year old called a grandmother name) decided to dress like twins! 

 My family still struggles with taking a picture.... someone has to be irritated or difficult....
 Or... when the faces look okay... Mark does something crazy like this....
 Emmie and Sis... scary sitting and watching them... so, so  much alike....
 We all got dressed to go out to eat and took a fifteen minute photo opportunity... I literally snapped over 400 pictures... no posing.... just sit down, walk over there... hold your head up... all that and this is what we got... good and bad, but a small preview of our pictures! 







































































 And we are done... we are home... the washing machine has been running nonstop... and KB and Ben are gone to the lake with the church... We had a great trip!  I love the atmosphere of "Edislow".... family time and peace and quiet.... looking forward to next year! 

No comments: