Thursday, July 10, 2014

Edisto Day Five

 Mark enjoying a little quiet time  before it gets wild and crazy on the beach....
 Mayo, Huddy, and I looking for shark teeth... I found another one!
 I'm doing all I can to get Huddy to eat something unhealthy... his diet consists of yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, and cereal bars..... He ate the bacon, but he wouldn't touch the pancake with syrup....
 Sis has stolen Velda's book and takes every spare moment to read.....
 Lunch for the day.....we had dips and pigs.... it was delicious.... KB, Savannah, and I went shopping before going to the beach.... ate lunch.... and then went shopping some more....

 Ben told Mark he wanted to go play golf... so off they went....
 They had a fun time.... Mark said the best part was at the end when they took a wet rag out of a cooler and handed it to them....






 The Roberts and Mayo ridin the "Big Waves"....
 KB took this of Velda's hair... some would kill to have that body! 
 Resting....
 Thinking about his next plan....
 This lady can't feel her legs... she sat out on the beach all day and left her wheelchair outside our house... The lady holding her is from Augusta.... KB and Savannah did a good deed and helped her track through the sand to get her to the car.... I'm so proud of these two teenagers who immediately jumped up to help her... they didn't look at me like I was crazy and insisted on helping even though the lady said she could get her to the car by herself...
 Still riding those waves.... BTW.... the family beside us has laughed at me everyday.... I can't get out of the water without being knocked down... the waves are awful rough.... today I did a dive face first on the ground.... I had shells everywhere.... the man came over and said, "Mam, you have taken pictures all day of people... and no one got a picture of your fall!  I am going to be here tomorrow to get it for you!".... There entire tent laughed and laughed at me... my knee hurts from falling... but I'm tough. 
 Mark and Ben karate chopping on the beach...
 Mark's favorite move...
 Swimming in the ocean with the sharks!
 Crashing waves...
 And then the girls had to get in on the action...
 Happy to be playing in the water...
 So fresh and so clean...
 When we all came back upstairs to get ready for lunch, Huddy decided he wanted to play in his pool... he ended up slowly stripping clothes off until he was completely naked... He had a wonderful time with the water hose... reminded me so much of Cole Baby when he was this age....
 Posing for Buh....
 Emmie trying to decide what she was going to paint.... Of all the people here, I would have chosen her to be most creative.... well... I have laughed until I have cried at hers.... yesterday, she finally said, "I suck at this!"....
 Ben watching Huddy... and yes, he needs a haircut... I have the clippers with me, but we haven't had time! 
 Sis eating a leftover rib while painting....



 Velda got in on the action too...
 Mark decided he would eat instead of paint....



 Even Velda got in on the action.... she was very serious.... We talked about Valarie and how creative she was, but I think Velda got some of it too! 
 


 Everybody watching Huddy swim....
 For supper, Mark cooked us a low country boil.... Ben is always the first to sit down and the last to get up! 
 It was soooooooooooo good!  
 If Mark had told me he was taking my picture.... I would have stood at a different angle... I was making Red Lobster biscuits.... so, so good....
 Emmie has dressed for supper at night... you can tell she hasn't rubbed off on the rest of us.... Sis is her hairdresser! 

 And then... we miss Mark.... he sneaked to go paint without anyone watching him.
 Savannah and Huddy checking out her phone....
 Mayonnaise looks like he is sleeping... but I feel sure he was just looking down when I took the picture... Ha Ha Ha

 This card game lasted until midnight.... serious business.... The four most competitive people in the   house.... SERIOUS....
A

No comments: