Friday, February 17, 2012

Thursday Thirteen on Friday Morning

1. Southern hospitality doesn't just appear... there are factors to it. I had to remind myself of this yesterday as a foreign lady passed about 15 people in line for something to eat last night. Just because I was in Atlanta... I assumed everyone would be nice, kind, follow the rules. I would have shoved her sandwich where the sun don't shine, but her shorts were so short and tight there was nothing else going to fit there! Honestly, I think she knew what she was doing... she just played dumb so no one attacked her.

2. One of my biggest fears on the night before I was admitted to the hospital to deliver KB was the enema the nurse spoke about numerous times. I lost sleep over it. Thank goodness I never had to have it because things didn't go as planned, but.... I am considering writing the transportation powers to be to mandate one before getting on a plane. I taught middle school for 13 years... I know boys think that is THE funniest sound and best smell in the world. The first time the little boy behind me did it last night... I did giggle...but then I had to take my coat and cover my face. It was truly like the cartoons... the green fog came over and I felt like I was being infected with the mess. The mama and daddy and brother....they laughed and giggled the first time too... but then... about the fifth time...it wasn't funny anymore. The stewardess was even knocked over by the smell. Finally, the lady sitting across the aisle from me turned around and said, "Is that your kid?"... I admire her for saying something... but it didn't help... it still went on... A W F U L!

3. This brings me to the lady who spoke up. I have watched the show before about what would you do in a situation. I didn't say anything... she did. Of course my attention moved to her. I enjoy watching people's feet/shoes when they are walking by me to their seat. Cute shoes don't always mean a cute person though...kind of like a game. Well... I had not noticed her... except the fact that she had on panty hose with flip flops. Not a good combination...Where did anyone get the idea to wear shorts or a skirt with panty hose and open-toed shoes??? Big fashion mistake... especially with flip flops.

4. It wasn't until later in the flight that I noticed those panty hose had runs all up the leg...one toe was sticking out... and a hole in her knee. She looked as if she had gotten shot in her panty hose.

5. When I sat down in my seat on the plane, I had this nice man already seated by the window. He spoke, I spoke, and then he got on his telephone. "Baby, I missed my flight... paid $300 to get on this flight... I will be home about 12:30 AM... I will talk to you later." I thought that was nice. He told me where to go in Houston to shop. I noticed as I was hooking my seat belt that the bar to separate us was pulled up... therefore... I knew he had a big ole booty. People can't help that, but I like the barrier. Later in the flight... I wanted to pull the bar down because I am not sure what the square object was he had in his pocket, but the corner of it kept poking me... I really think it was a small box. I would suggest to people to clear their pockets when traveling.

6. I teach school every day... we have rules. I think people should abide by the rules. The stewardess did her spill about safety... turn all electronic devices off... I do it. Flip flop/panty hose girl... she didn't... she put her phone between her legs... up her skirt... yes...up her skirt... and left her headphones in... never turned it off! I wanted to slap her! Then the teenager flying in the seat in front of me.. he let his tray back down as soon as the stewardess buckled up for take off... Rules people... follow them! I wanted to tell on them...but I didn't want to take my coat away from my face long enough to speak!

7. When it was finally time to legally get out electronic devices...the man beside me got out a dvd player. He was watching a movie with Steve Martin and Queen Latifah... loud... music involved. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his earphones weren't plugged in to the player. Everyone around us could hear it! The stewardess earned her money... told him the earphones weren't working! He then asked me why I didn't tell him! I just smiled!

8. When we got the signal that we had about twenty minutes left in the flight... flip flop/panty hose girl... she began digging in her purse. She redid all of her makeup... brushed her hair... but never once noticed the panty hose holes. I mean...she was obviously fixing up at midnight for someone... did she think he wasn't going to notice the fashion disaster? As I was watching her... I decided she looked like a Boston Terrier. My friend Staci has a game where she identifies people as animals... She would have been proud of me!

9. I thought the flight would never end! I made it safely to the hotel... in a cab... by myself. I might even be able to get around without being scared to death now!

10. We didn't set an alarm this morning... the fire alarm went off. Neither of us moved. Isn't it sad that we don't react to fire alarms! This is twice in the past three months that I haven't reacted to a fire alarm. One day it will be like the boy who cried wolf... I just hope I'm on the bottom floors instead of the 18th like today!

11. Houston is predicting five inches of rain today. I can't control the weather... I 'm going out and doing everything just like it is a beautiful, sunny day. I hope I don't drown.

12. I love how Mark packs his own bags... yet asks me where his vitamins are... his headphones... his shoes... I swear he talks sometimes to just talk. I bet no one likes to sit by him on the airplane!

13. I am off to the gym, breakfast, and a day of touring! Please forgive left out words.... no time to proofread!

No comments: