Monday, February 20, 2012

Dear Snow,

As a little girl, I loved you...until my 6th birthday. Mama made cookies for me take to my 1st grade class in Morrilton, Arkansas... and it snowed. In fact...I think it snowed every Wednesday for an entire month.
I remember going snow skiing when I was in the fourth grade... in the snow. Worst day of my life. That was my first and last time skiing. I hated it! The snow was hard... I couldn't ski!
Growing up in Lincolnton...I remember having a snowday my senior year of high school. We goofed off all day and did things that high school seniors shouldn't do~ but it was fun!
I remember two times it snowing while I was in college. One time, I stayed at school for St. Patrick's Day...and it snowed... the other time... Mark, Jefferson, Connie, and I played all night long at Mama and Daddy's house! We had a WONDERFUL time...doing things college kids shouldn't do~ but it was fun!
When we moved to Greenville...I can't even count the number of times it snowed/iced... There were several that were memorable... the first time...I was all alone in our first little house... I cried...but it was beautiful. I remember KB being a little baby and having all our friends over to do things that young, married adults do when it snows that they shouldn't~ but it was fun! I remember the year Ben was born...it snowed... KB rode her Gator through the snow with the dog chasing her as Ben and I stayed inside.
Last year in Lincolnton...it snowed several times! We all got together with our friends and their children and did things that we shouldn't do~ but it was fun!
Today- I have done those things that we shouldn't do~ but it was fun~ I have cleaned my house... done all the laundry... put lines on the carpet... and COOKED a great supper! It has been a wonderful day at home relaxing and spending time with the family! Snow days should be spent outside...playing... but I DON'T like to play in the snow!
So...Mr. Snow~ I don't really care that you haven't shown up this year... I took it upon myself to do all those things that I normally do on a snow day... especially eating... and did it even though you weren't here!
Love,

Me
P S ~ I also took all your little snowmen brothers and put them in their box until next year... I'm ready for rabbits, eggs, and plastic grass to cover my house! You better not show up here!

No comments: