Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sacrifice of a Mother....

I sacrifice a lot to be a mother...
I think my biggest sacrifice is Wednesday nights from 7:00 to 8:00. KB has clogging in the big town of McCormick. It is only a fifteen minute drive... that only means that I don't drive all the way back home and stay for thirty minutes and then drive back to get her. I force myself to sit in the car for that solid hour and think...
I solve lots of problems, find out lots of information by surfing the Internet, and look around at God's world. Tonight... I noticed the clouds. I started thinking about the clouds...they have been jumping out at me this week. Sunday on the way home...there was literally a blanket of clouds that was below the airplane... it was covering everything that was going on down below. I wonder if God does that sometimes to wash away bad things, cover His eyes like a child when they don't want to see the scary movie, or if the things are so bad down here that He wants to look at the clean, soft, fluffy, white clouds and erase His mind for just a moment of what is below.
Tonight's clouds were fluffy with a pinkish tint. I really couldn't find anything in the clouds... I have been playing that game since I was little and now KB and Ben play it too... you know find shapes of things in the clouds. Because I couldn't find anything, I just stared at them and thought about how each cloud was different... had a little bad stuff in it (rain)... and yet... it would water that lake it was sitting over and help it out... and then I got really deep... Bad things to some people are good things to other people. It all depends on how you look at a situation.
I was given some very good advice this week by a superior... "A house divided will fall"... I have heard it so many times...and it is so true! Right now there may be clouds above my head, my friends' heads, my co-workers' heads, etc.... but there has to be some good in there somewhere. God let me see the good in it... let me focus on those good things! Don't build walls that can't be broken, don't burn bridges that can't be rebuilt, and for goodness sakes... don't look at a situation (cloud) and automatically focus on the bad! Find the silver lining... so tonight...I am looking at the good of situations!
My title is totally sarcastic... I love my Wednesday nights... I get to sit quietly, uninterrupted and think. I also think it is pretty special to sit in my car and peek through the window at the most beautiful little dancer I have ever watched. She makes my heart smile... her smile is contagious... I hope that my eyes will show the love of situations like hers do when she dances. I might look like a dark, gloomy, tired cloud...but inside...I am happier than I have ever been in my life. Thanks Sis~ you make me love being a mother... and your dancing helps me see that clouds are everywhere... I just need to focus on that silver-lining!

No comments: