Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012~ Thursday Thirteen

1. Thank all of you for the sweet comments, text messages, and voice mails. Who knew my sitting at a computer at night pouring out my emotions on a keyboard would mean something to somene other than myself, my children...and my family. I have been asked why I have this... I have this blog to let out what is bottled up inside me... to see the highs and lows of life...to help my children remember what they put me through...the tears of laughter and tears of fear. I may have to filter some of my rants now that I know someone other than my mama and Guille are reading!





2. Ben has his first love. Actually, it's his second...because I am his first... but he asked me this week if he could get his "girl" a necklace. He has a look of love in his eyes that makes it bittersweet! I'm gonna add his future wife to my prayer list. I hope she will love him, be able to deal with his hard-headed ways, be a good mama, and take care of him...because he will always be my baby boy.





3. I am excited about what I have ordered for my mama for her birthday. I keep checking every day to see if it is going to be delivered by her birthday... still not here, but I have a few days. I love it so much...I got me one too! My family doesn't like to do birthdays... but I saw this and thought we both needed it! February is the month for our family for birthdays... Mama's is the 6th, mine the 9th, Ben's the 10th, and Mark's the 28th.... Of course I am always dieting during February so I hardly ever make a cake or have a party for all of us... Maybe I should!





4. I love good news. I especially love good news when I get to sit back and watch those who love misery sit and wait to see how I am going to react to the bad news they think I am getting....If I were a child I would have to say nanny, nanny, boo boo....I am an adult though...so I will just watch how everything unfolds and pray for the best!





5. I can't believe the weather this week. I am not complaining though! We cleaned the boat this weekend and I would love to be out on it! I can't wait for this summer. My skin is craving that sunshine! I am excited about coming in off the boat and feeling that sun-crisped skin that feels so much better after a little lotion. I am ready for laughing with my friends over the water. I'm ready to watch sunsets and put my feet in the sand. I am ready to relax!





6. The Super Bowl is this weekend... I love the Manning boys...so I am pulling for the Giants. I am really just looking forward to eating the snacks! Like Forrest Gump says... That's all I have to say about that!





7. Katie Britt and Ben rode down the "Chicken House" trail today on the four-wheelers...I knew that had been gone for quite some time... they were at the creek... couldn't get up the hill to get back... thank goodness she has a phone and had it with her. I would have never found them! If I see them down that trail again...I am going to wring their necks and give them to the Chicken House to fry up!





8. I miss Thursday nights at Georgia Southern. I can count on my hand (yes, just one hand) the number of weekends I spent in the "boro". I am a homebody... do I regret not staying...well... no, not really. I probably had a lot of potential to get into trouble! Anyway... I lived for Thursday nights. I would start on Mondays deciding what to save in my weekly wardrobe for the Thursday night outing! We always met at someone's apartment and headed to wherever we needed to go! I loved the time with my friends... I miss 90210...I miss The Cosby Show... I miss waking up and being so excited about coming home on Fridays.... My Thursdays now... aren't much different! I came home today and "fluffed" the house...got all the clothes washed... cleaned the toilets... and my favorite...made lines on the carpet! I am enjoying all that right now... that cleanliness... KB is in the shower and Ben has gone "Coyote" hunting with Marion! It won't last long, but I am learning to appreciate the little things!





9. Next week is going to be the busiest week I have until...well...looks like my calendar doesn't seem as messy as it does for next week... I am trying to enjoy tonight... I won't have a night next week to enjoy just sitting! I'm hoping I don't get into panic mode and make myself miserable with all the responsibilities!





10. Last week in World History, one of the words was reincarnation. I am not a good student... I wasn't teaching... I was on room patrol...making sure everyone was on the right page, taking notes, not eating, awake, quiet, answering questions to fill in notes, whew... I had a minute to think... about reincarnation. Of course I don't really believe in it, but I have thought about what I would want to be. I don't think I would come back as a person. If I could come back as something... I would want to be my cat. What a life... she is usually waiting at the door when I get up in the mornings crying to top of her lungs... I open the door and she comes in starving like she hasn't had a thing to eat in months... Then she hides. We don't know where she hides...but about supper time every night...she comes down and we let her out.... How hard could life be with that schedule? I tease my children and say she leaves and goes to spend the night with her boyfriend after we feed her. (I need to pray about that too... I do hope that my children don't sleep all day and party all night...and only use me for food!)





11. To Guille: I got to eat with Mama tonight since Mark was out of town... Good thing you didn't come because Daddy and I had to give up our fish so KB and Ben could have something else to eat! Mama cooked six pieces of fish...they ate two each... It was good... but no leftovers for your lunch tomorrow... Head to Hardees!





12. Facebook suggestion: This week there has been so much drama on there... not anything of interest of me... but "junk" for lack of a better word. Well... I have gotten rid of that drama. Delete people who drive you crazy on facebook... don't tell the facebook world about your issues! Someone should start a new one and call it "Dramabook"... might be worth a billion one day! Another one "Bragbook".... let me tell you how good I am, how good my children are, and how I want everyone to think my life is perfect... All of that in my sarcastic voice! Honestly... someone should start a "Prayerbook"~





13. I haven't cooked anything great this week... I do hope to have a new recipe to share next week! If you need some ideas until then... http://www.skinnytaste.com/! Have a great weekend!

No comments: