Monday, January 2, 2012

What's for Dinner?















One of my "ideas" ~ not a resolution because I break those~ is to not eat out the month of January. That means a lot...
1. There has to be some food in the house.
2. There has to be a plan to cook that food.
3. There has to be perfect timing to get it all done!
My reason behind this "idea" is to watch what I am eating since my other "idea" I have is about losing weight this year! Tonight was a dinner that wasn't necessarily planned, but I think it was delicious, healthy, and everyone ate it!
KB browned hamburger meat and took the soft taco dinner box out of the pantry. I cut up lettuce, had shredded cheese, light sour cream, and some cucumbers to make a salad. She ate four tacos and Ben ate three. I should really calculate how much that cost~ I am sure I can save some money not eating out too! Anyway~ it was mighty tasty and I don't think that expensive. I love that KB can cook now. We are still working on the cleaning up the kitchen part!
My point in this post is to say that dinner from start to clean-up took about 50 minutes. That is what I need. With cheerleading and dance, I need some quick meal ideas that children will eat, that are healthy, and that don't involved too much preparation! Anybody want to share? You can leave a comment below.

No comments: