Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday Thirteen January 5, 2012

1. As the old saying says..."All good things must come to an end"... today is the last day of Christmas vacation. When I think back to the last 20 something days, I can't believe the fun and excitement we have had. Our family has been to Gatlinburg, celebrated a birthday, been to the emergency room, celebrated Christmas, ridden four-wheelers for hours, brought in the New Year with family and friends... and most importantly we have taken advantage of being together as a family~ whether it be staying in our pajamas all day and watching television or going to see Santa Claus, we have spent our vacation together. Thinking back to the Christmas vacations since I have been married, this has been the most RELAXING one yet. Thank you God for that!

2. I start my mornings (and end my days) by watching televison. I flip back and forth between Good Morning America and The Today Show. Several things I have noticed... on cooking segments... they never give enough time. My thoughts are to either make an easier recipe...or allow more time. Cookie Monster and Elmo are totally interupting George this morning... by the way...he is so short and I never realized that! I do like the cast of Good Morning America better now!

3. I haven't watched my soaps since the summer due to a heavy workload. I am totally hooked again this week. It is a good thing that we go back to school or I would almost be tempted to watch again everyday. I am thrilled that Bold and Beautiful have moved on and let some other young ones come on the show. Brooke and Ridge need to stay together and that is it!

4. Another show I watch ~ Kelly~ Rob Lowe is a hotty. Is he going to be to me like Mama says Robert Redford is to her? I am so glad he can't see me sitting in my gown in the bed with my hair looking like a porcupine~

5. It's that time of year to organize, start over, and renew. I have been doing that for five days... I am tired of the organizing!

6. I have said it before, but I really mean it... I would be a terrible stay at home mother. I become lazy, non-productive, and can only wait for the next meal. Tomorrow will be a shock to my body, but I am really excited to get back into a routine. Life will be so much easier. I won't have to clean my house everyday, I won't have three outfits per child to wash, I won't have to decide between two great shows, and I won't have to schedule a nap around my midmorning nap and midafternoon nap. I can honestly say I have caught up on my sleep this vacation!

7. I am so excited about the weekend weather... I usually get excited about snow, but I am excited the temperatures are so supposed to be above 60. I was cold in New York, I was cold in Charlotte, and I was cold in Gatlinburg. I don't want to be cold anymore. Thank the Lord we didn't have to go back to school this week and get out in this frightful weather.

8. I usually think that KB is so much like Mark it is scary. This week we were watching The Biggest Loser, and one of the contestants fell while running to the finish line. She almost fell off my bed laughing about it... she had to rewind it about five times to watch it... and that goofy fake laugh of hers was ever so present. It kills me! But as I sat here, I saw myself... my favorite thing to do is laugh when someone falls. I have many stories that I will save for later, but that may be a new gene for the scientist to look into...the one that passes down from mother to child about laughing at people.

9. I am a little heartbroken this morning. Clemson and the Red Devils have broken my heart this football season. I can't talk about it anymore...except I think that some people need to concentrate on pulling FOR their team instead of AGAINST another team... morons!

10. Back to tv shows.... I miss As the World Turns. I hadn't really cared too much about it going off the air...didn't really watch the last weeks of it, but I am sick of women panels yelling over each other on The Chew, The View, and The Talk...

11. As I read back over this post... HOLY COW... I have been watching too much television!

12. I have been sick this week, but I am planning on starting to do some form of exercise everyday. Walking the halls of the high school is a lot, but I choose not to walk too fast there because I usually have a cup of coffee in my hands. I have got to get to moving! I don't want to be the "fat girl" on the boat this year! Someone has to be that girl, but please don't let it be me!

13. Finally, I would love to be some people's financial advisors... It KILLS me how some people complain about being broke, not having any money, and whining about what they don't have... I would just like to say to them... Have you considered NOT eating out every meal (you post pictures at every restaurant you go to), Have you considered buying your children's clothes at cheaper stores (you brag about shopping namebrand), and have you considered working/getting a job (you are constantly going somewhere so you can't work), and have you considered that professing your religion over and over ~ yet you write bad checks, don't pay your bills, and charge everything is basically lying???....I say all this because I think life is simple... you don't buy something you can't afford, you don't try to keep up with Jones's, and you live within your means... I have a mile long list of things that I want... but I am ever so grateful I have everything I need. Let me please be satisfied with what my household can provide for me... and not be a wisher of things everyday that our family can't afford or don't need to buy! Pay your bills, learn to say no, and be satisfied!

No comments: