Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012- Thursday Thirteen







Wow, Thursdays come around quickly!



1. 7.6 at WW... still not where I want to be... started walking this week though... I guess every little bit helps!



2. This week...I am jealous of Mark. It isn't fun receiving a text message telling me he is on the 44th floor looking at Times Square and my view is a yard that needs some pine straw and some fresh plants in pots!





3. This is the first week I have worked every day since before Thanksgiving... makes for a long week! The good thing? Tomorrow is jeans Friday... doesn't take much to make me happy!



4. This afternoon I walked around our neighborhood circle... in shorts and a t-shirt. I am sure people in their homes had to close the blinds from the glare of my legs, but seriously...January... shorts... I thought this was snow weather!



5. I am swamped at work... I used to have time to scan my phone during the day, listen to messages, answer emails... I have time for nothing... I think school has turned into Walmart... you know...work more for less!



6. Last month I was on the kick of Keurig Apple Cider... after I found out it was 2 points on Weight Watchers... I decided to find something else formy drink of choice: I found English Breakfast Tea... a little splenda... fat free half-half... Yummy!



7. I personally have issues with men who cheat on their wives.... but Blake Shelton... I have to look over your faults... I love listening to your music. I'm thinking Jesus would say forgive, forget... enjoy the music. (if it isn't talking about cheating!)



8. Mark and I are having a small disagreement about where we went on our honeymoon... This month's Southern Living has a getaway page to a resort in the keys... I swear it is where we stayed on our honeymoon... The lagoon... the little huts... the beautiful scenery... I guess he will just have to take me back since he says that isn't the place! I am only 99% sure that it is true because we did have the honeymoon from hell! After spending a few days at Hilton Head (and I got food poisoning), we headed to the KEYS...on a plane. S.C.A.R.E.D to death! We get to the resort room, turn on the television... and see that there has been an airplane crash. I stayed glued to the television watching every detail. After two nights of our supposedly four night stay... I talked him into driving all the way home. Wow... took forever. It didn't help that it was hotter than hot....I wanted to drive up A1Avenue to enjoy the scenery at 35 mph...and Mark was madder than a wet hen since he had to get on an airplane when we got back to go to work. So... he may be right... but at least that is what I remember from 15 years ago.



9. I finally learned what some symbols mean... yes, I just assumed what they meant... but I finally got it.... :) is a sideways smiley face =) and this is too! of course that means that :( is a sad face and so is =( Now that I see it... I feel like such a blond... I 'm gonna have to make sure Tara isn't putting chemicals on my scalp! I always thought when people sent those symbols to me it was their phone not acting right because no face showed up! I'm stupid... I know!

10. I was thinking that since I have worked with middle schoolers and high schoolers I would be able to handle when my children get that age~ you know dealing with the drama... I am not looking forward to it... A t A L L .... However I did enjoy my company today on my front porch!




11. There are five days left in January. According to my schedule... I should have all my rooms reorganized and cleaned... I have not done O N E! So much for my OCD lists! I will shred it along with the other lists that I haven't done!


12. I found out this week that my two years at private school count toward no retirement for me in Georgia.... it was a school in South Carolina...Retirement age for me just went up two years!



13. I am so excited to be at #13. I am going to take a long, hot bath... listen to this pouring rain... and wrap up with two best sleeping pals a girl can get! Hopefully, she won't talk in her sleep all night like last night...and he won't drool all over me! But listening to their breathing makes my heart smile!





























No comments: