Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012 ~ Thursday Thirteen

1. I have just arrived home from two different conferences...one in Athens and one in Atlanta... I am declaring I am a country girl. So glad to drive into Lincoln County and be in my house! Even more excited that by 7:00 I plan to be in my bed, with my pillow, with my tv, and my blanket!

2. I did something last night for the first time ever.... I ate at a "chain" restaurant... and it was delicious! Just kidding... I ate bison. First of all, I remember discussing with Leah once how she didn't do "chain" restaurants. Once hearing her explanation...I understood. I also know that Mark's main goal when traveling is to try different things and don't go where you can normally go. Last night, we ate at Ted Turner's Montana Grill in downtown Atlanta. I was brave and ordered the bison. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference in bison and beef.... but it was the BEST meal I have had in a long time!

3. I couldn't be more thrilled that tomorrow is Friday. The powers at be who created our school calendar did not make the smartest decision (in my opinion) that we started back to school on a Monday...yes, I know that is the beginning of a school week...but after three weeks off, these children needed to transition smoothly with two or three days! Thank goodness we have MLK day Monday!

4. I finished a Z-Pac yesterday.... my head still feels heavy. Sinuses... I don't like you!

5. Report cards came out today... I am proud of my children!

6. We don't have any plans this weekend.... that sounds great! (I do have a bb game, but I enjoy those and that won't take an entire day)

7. One of the conferences I went to yesterday made me appreciate where I teach and work every day. There really are some idiots in the world.... I am so glad I am perfect~

8. As I am typing this, my family is watching Toddlers and Tiaras. First of all, those mamas really want to be in the pageant. Secondly, I have been labeled this week as being similar to a six year old on the show... Honey boo boo child...I don't holla for a dolla! I am going to get the labeler back! Finally, why didn't I think of this show! I could be rich!

9. I still have some people's Christmas cards...S a d. Enough said about that!

10. Mark made me watch a movie this week that I can't get off my mind... Lovely, Still. Someone should have won an award for it. It is so real! As much as I hated the subject, it is so, so real!

11. My body is adjusting to being back at work this week. Monday night I stayed up until midnight watching the ballgame, Tuesday night I stayed up laughing at all of us cramming to get ready for our presentation, and last night it was a late night due to having to wait so long for dinner. I need sleep.

12. I lost 6.6 lbs last week on WW. It works...I still have a ways to go, but every little bit helps.

13. Tonight I have a feeling of homesickness in my stomach. Really stupid, but when I got home a friend was over to take my sewing machine off my hands. Her college-aged daughter was with her. We were discussing that she had to go back to school next week to start a new semester. Most people wouldn't understand this, but the daughter started crying. Only people who know what that feeling is would understand... I wanted to hug her...I wanted to cry with her... I wanted to help her get over it.... BUT there is nothing anyone can do to make it better. It is just a time in life that makes someone love home more than ever. I didn't tell her that she better be hoping she doesn't marry a man that will take her away for 11 years from her hometown! Just teasing...that was a great time for Mark and me. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to us. I do feel bad for her though~ Watch over her, God...and her mama too... cause I can't even imagine when KB leaves for school. Brings tears to my eyes to think about it~ sniff, sniff.

No comments: