Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 14, 2011

Someone is a year older today... I have written and said before that the perfect child in our family is Guille! He is... or at least everyone thinks he is! I love knowing so many things about him that don't make him perfect. It's his birthday... and you know... payback is .... you know...
10 Random things about Guille...
1. He has pulled me out of the car before by my hair at the stop sign in front of Mama and Daddy's house because he didn't approve of me being in the car I was in!
2. I have a picture of Marion, Velda, Amberly, and me on the front porch at my house when Amberly was a baby... in the glass door behind the picture...Guille's butt... I learned what a "moon" was that day.
3. When he was in high school, he painted his name in the road when he was supposed to be working for the city painting fire hydrants.
4. He laughs until he cries when he has done something to pick on someone.
5. I almost wet my pants one night when he called a certain someone and told them that he was going to turn them in for not celebrating a national holiday.
6. When I was too little to know better...I encouraged him to "load" Boo-ma's cigarettes with the small bomb that would make them blow up when she lit them. Bless her heart...gave her a heart attack everytime.
7. If I wanted to make him really mad...all I had to do was call him shrimp, or anything to do with being little... and he would turn into a giant and beat the snot out of me.
8. There is a hole in my door at Mama's house from where he kicked the door in chasing me. (It's a small wonder we never had to call 911 when Mama left us at home during the summer by ourselves)
9. When we lived together at Georgia Southern... he picked on all my friends and me for watching 90210...but he was in his bedroom watching the same thing!
10. He could have gotten in so much trouble...so many times... but he always had enough sense to leave before trouble got him! So many parents were fooled on the weekends when their children would say..."Guil will be there"...those were the magic words...if he was there... there wouldn't be any trouble!

I say these ten things above because I don't want him to get the big head... being so old and all...
but...
1. I am so appreciative that he loved me enough to get me out of that car!
2. I am so glad he shot that moon and I have the picture... I know he will never get involved in politics because I would so expose him on it!
3. I think we all learn from mistakes we make...if painting his name in the road was the worst thing he ever did...then so be it!
4. I love to listen to him tell when he has picked on someone... many times the person doesn't even know it...
5. I'm thinking I need to encourage him to make a few more phone calls this year... they could be on youtube and we could make money!
6. I think that Boo-ma would be so proud of her grandson working at her brother's bank...she wouldn't care if he loaded those cigarettes everyday!
7. We don't physically fight anymore, but he does still pick on me... I wouldn't trade it for anything... we pick on those we love!
8. It has been almost 30 years since the door has needed repair... who cares now...we can blame on the grandchildren!
9. It hasn't been that long ago he called and told me 90210 was on... I knew he loved that show!
10. He was and still is a good influence. He doesn't put up with nonsense, he is very honest about his beliefs, and he has saved many lives driving them around because they may have been too intoxicated to drive.

We don't do birthdays in our family... this isn't his present or a card or even a phone call for him... this is a memory~ that is what I like anyway... memories to make me laugh and cry!

Happy Birthday Guille ~

No comments: