Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

I am currently in my bed typing this post because I don't feel 100 percent and I was cold, tired, and wanted to watch television... but as I started thinking about Christmas I realized that if I don't write all this down I won't remember a thing! I fixed myself a cup of Gingerbread coffee...tastes like it has egg in it... ugh...and decided to write for awhile.
Katie Britt texted me on the morning of her birthday and told me to come upstairs because she was sick... when I got upstairs she was throwing up and wanted a cold rag... oh my...what a day it was. After self medicating her I decided she was getting worse. Luckily Dr. W. was working and he let us come to the ER to get fluids to "pep" her up... We didn't do any celebrating of her birthday and didn't take any pictures. The only way we celebrated was the day after...I cooked lunch and Amberly, Phil, and Mayonnaise joined us. But...my happy, non-demanding child was fine with that! I hate we didn't have pictures, but she doesn't care!
Friday we piddled all day...is that a word??? And then we had SA's engagement party. We let Sis babysit for the first time and she did great. No fighting! Then we headed to game night with our friends. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time! I think it should be a monthly event!
We spent Christmas eve day at home. I stayed on the couch most of the day watching my favorite trash tv...Real Housewives. We went to church and then headed to Mark's mama's for Dinner... and guess what...forgot my camera! We came home and got ready for bed. This is the first year that Ben was able to help with reading the Christmas story from the Bible before going to bed. I know it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but when I heard his voice~ I made him stop so I could get the video camera and record him. It was precious.
Christmas morning we woke up to rain and two four-wheelers in the driveway... not a good combo, but it worked out just fine! After everyone visited for breakfast, we headed to Jane's to open presents. When we got back home everyone tried to nap, since no one felt great. About five we started getting ready for Christmas supper. Ben told me he didn't feel good and that the shower made his head hurt... within ten minutes he was throwing up... round two of the virus! He is better today, but he missed a great Christmas supper.
Ben has been on the fence about what he wanted for Christmas from mama... he chose an Ipod touch, but still wanted a PS3 too! This morning he decided to get his money he had and let me go buy him one! I have been in Augusta all day with multiple trips to stores trying to find all the parts! I also came home with a new tv because the one we were borrowing upstairs went out! The television upstairs is comparable to toilet paper. You have to have it... Yes, I know I don't have to have a tv in my bedroom, but that is how I go to sleep! I used to listen to music, but when I was about 14 I remember Daddy walking in my room with a pink tv.... so I got into the habit of watching tv to go to sleep. KB and Ben use the tv upstairs for games and watching...so if we didn't have it, they would have to use mine. Not good.... Yes, I am spoiled... but like I said...if you need toilet paper...you buy toilet paper!
We ended the night by going to Mama's and eating leftovers from Christmas dinner. It was ten times better tonight to me. I am not sure if it was because I felt better today, if I was grossed out from Ben being sick last night, or if the food had just settled with seasonings better, but it was delicious!
Finally, my plans for tomorrow...since it is going to rain...are to put up the rest of my decorations (Mark and the children surprised me today and took the tree down!!!!!!) and I am going to decorate for winter. When I moved away from home, I was so depressed the first week of January because all my decorations were down and everything looked bare. I started "fluffing" up my house in January and buying snowmen! Most of my friends have made fun of me at some point because I decorate for every holiday, but I think it helps with focusing...focusing on what is going on next and what I need to be worried about... If snowmen are out, then I don't need to be worrying about spring and so forth! I can't wait to get my snowmen out...you know...so I can "focus" on snow days!!!

No comments: