Sunday, October 19, 2014

Butchie's B-day, A little Golf, The Lord's Prayer, and Halloweens of the Past

It's been a restful, peaceful weekend.  I'm so proud of our LC Red Devils...it seems that many are worried about our season... I have heard lots of we don't have a chance at anything statements... It bothers me... we are Lincoln County... we should stick together and stay strong... support the children who are playing for us... give them kind words of encouragement... give them hope... and then again... maybe people say these things to fire them up... whatever the reason... it's working... they are winning and pulling together as a team.  

This isn't a very good picture, but I didn't dare walk in front of them to shoot one... I didn't have an open seat in my house... only the floor for the Clemson/ BC game and GA/ Arkansas game....We celebrated Butchie's 71st birthday sitting around the den eating lots of food and laughing and visiting... This picture warms my heart that we can all be under one roof and not kill each other... we can fuss and fight while pulling for two different teams... we can laugh at each other when we ask stupid questions... and we don't count the number of desserts or sandwiches the other puts in his mouth.... When KB and Ben grow up... I want them to remember Saturdays in the fall watching football and eating and spending time with those we love. 

 Today was another tournament for Ben... We were at Hickory Knob and he  played much better... He was extremely tired... we had a late night Friday and a busy day yesterday.... no one had to make us fall to sleep last night.... after church and lunch we headed over to enjoy the afternoon on the golf course/lake....
 Mark showing him where to hit... or pointing to a target... or just saying... look out in the big ole' world... hit a good shot! 
 He is so little... and no matter how big he gets... he is my baby boy... and no matter how many people thinks he is mean, or aggravating, or talkative... I love him with all my heart...
 Pondering a shot... I really didn't mind if he hit in the water on this course because he knows my absolute favorite thing to do in the world is get on the boat and go find golf balls!  BUT.... he never hit it in the water today... I love this picture of him... reminds me of Mark and his stance on the course...
 Read it right buddy... golf is so mental... so many times I want to tell him to hit it light or hard... just like life...I want to tell him exactly what to do... but most of the time I have to let him try it himself to test the green...
 I have never seen a course so hilly.... actually... I probably have... but I have never had to walk one that hilly... it was awful...I'm sure I will be sore in the morning from my nine holes of walking today...
 Somebody got a bogey and decided to show a little emotion...
 And then they had to wait....
 As we were standing in the fairway I was telling him if he would hurry up and finish this hole we could go eat... I told him to just hit it in so he didn't have to putt... well.... looking at this... he almost did what I told him... He stood over the putt FOREVER before he hit it... But he got a par....
 Mark giving him knuckles after his par... I sure do like to see that smile.... I can't ever really tell if he is having a great time on the course or not... but pictures like this let me know that he is enjoying his afternoon....
 I'm so proud that he isn't a quitter... I'm proud that he is playing with boys in the sixth-eighth grade and he smiles when he tells them he is in fourth.... supposed to be in fifth.... I often question decisions I have made about my children, but I will never regret  letting him start school a year later... He is right where he needs to be.... It's amazing that this decision was made before he was even born...
 We also had some visitors to the course right before we hit... not one....
 but two deer.... I think we were on their turf and we were in their way...
 KB and Jack joined us today.... they had fun taking selfies of themselves with my camera... and pictures of my butt... Sis hasn't learned to never take a picture of a woman from behind... She needs to learn that before I let her take over my camera again! 
On the ninth hole shaking hands with a new friend....

I'm thankful for this league of boys who we see every couple of weeks... One of my favorites made me love him even more this afternoon... we were discussing eating supper...and he said he was going to Toki or Bojangles... now that is my kind of eating.... I told him you could give me a list a mile long and I would pick Bojangles!

Mark heads to work tomorrow.... we are going back to reality... I'm learning how to wash clothes again, pack lunches, and get my ducks in a row for getting two children to school in the mornings and me to work by 7:30AM everyday!  It's going to be like the first day of school for me in the morning trying to figure out what time I need to get up and out of the house.... We have a full week ahead of us.... I'm excited about new adventures and new opportunities...

Our sermon is continuing on Sunday nights about The Lord's Prayer... I got poked several times during the message... I'm sure it was just Mark's reflexes and not him trying to step on my toes... Tonight~  Matthew 6:11- Give us today our daily bread.... I heard him say it... our toys aren't our needs... what do we really need?  God will provide what we really need... we don't have to have a fourth car or a vacation...they are nice, but they aren't a need... and in the grand scheme of things... me getting a new car and making final plans on a vacation that I want to have... aren't going to amount to a hill of beans... Some people fantasize about living in the past... and how easy it must have been... NOT ME... I have said before that I am sure I was meant to be a princess with many servants... I love electricity, a refrigerator, and running water in my house... I think about the people who were waiting daily for the manna to come down from Heaven... First of all, I'm so thankful I didn't live during that time.... I'm not sure my faith is as big as theirs...it should be... I don't thank God enough for my blessings... but he has given me loaves and loaves of bread... and given me butter and jelly... and even an oven to make it into toast... Tonight, I'm thankful for a job, for a husband who has a job, and the fact that I live in a place where I am free to write what I want to write... and pray how I want to pray... and read my Bible for as long as I want to read it... even though I don't understand an .0000000001 of what is in the Bible...it sure does provide me with a peace like no other...

 

And in honor of Halloween coming up...  this was Ben's first Halloween... he was eight months old... and KB was four.... Little Bo Peep Lost Her Sheep... with a pi-pi.... It was so hot... but they were cute! 



This was nine years ago... Ben was 1, KB was 5... The Lion, The Witch, and the Gator with Bogey in the back.... This seems like yesterday... so much has changed... where have my little babies gone? 

No comments: