Saturday, February 8, 2014

Perspective...

What an emotional day it has been... Of all your accomplishments and achievements, I have to say your reaction to today's events have made me prouder of you in defeat than in winning... The last six hours I have learned just how mature you are... just how much you have listened to me... and just how strong-willed you are!  I'm so proud of you in looking toward the future already!

Again, this blog is for you to know how much I love you... I want you to remember this day.... I want you to remember it for many reasons... I want you to remember that when things don't go the way you want them to go... those who love you will be there for you.  The number of people who have cared... we can't thank them enough!  The phone calls, text messages, hugs, chocolate, and even a letter are way more than either of us expected... No matter how many times we said this would happen, we could never imagine the hurt or disappointment of that first hour... I love how we stayed in your room all afternoon... how we just sat quietly and thought... how we relied on each other... you are so strong... you have been my glue in this situation.  If we don't learn anything through this except we have each other...that is okay... but we learned a lot more than that...

Relying on God in this has helped us both... with the hurt, the disappointment, and the embarrassment we may want to feel... we know that it was nothing you could have done to make Him any prouder...He still loves you...and that is all that truly matters. 

 As I pondered what to write to you tonight... I think God knew that it was so hard for me... my phone buzzed for the 100th time with a message checking on us and this appeared... I couldn't have said it any better... and I won't even try!  I love you baby girl... you have made it 14 years without disappointment in your life... this was the first... but won't be the last... keep your eyes on God and just like the letter says... change your perspective when situations don't go as you planned... You are going to survive!  I'm really excited about your future... you are truly bouncing back! 


Emmie- thank you for your words... lots of sweet, sweet messages today... but you hit the nail on the head!  We love you!  I pray often she will be like you...

No comments: