Monday, February 10, 2014

Ben turns Ten!!!

What a great year you had!  I can't believe you have been here for ten years now!  I checked into the hospital about this time ten years ago... I could have never dreamed how precious, how loved, and how much of a little boy you would be!

This year, you joined the church on your own accord... You are so curious... you questioned what all that was about... and you jumped right in... It makes my heart smile to see you working in your book about being a Christian and reading your Bible... I'm excited for you to open your present of a new Bible... one that you may be able to understand!  I feel bad for the past year you have been reading a Bible that even I can't understand!  Sorry about that!




I think looking back on the year, you would choose that Dabo Swinney Football Camp was your favorite!  You were able to step out and attend a football camp with absolutely no one you knew... Looking back at the pictures... I tear up because I saw your love for that sport!  I'm excited you want to go again this year!





Because of football camp... of course you felt the need to play football!  I was 100% against you doing it, but when I saw you carry the ball for the first time... I knew it was what you needed... I knew it gave you confidence... I knew your little bitty self needed to feel good...and you did!  I still think you scored that touchdown!




You have also become quite a businessman... you have been trading items in on other items since December.... We have quickly gotten rid of an excess in our yard... and yesterday... you amazed me that you would trade in two things to get one... Wow...it takes some people a long time to realize the benefits of doing that! I have a bone to pick with your best friend, Mayonnaise... again...too little for something like this...





Your personality... what can I say?  You got it honest... You have a mama who loves to talk... a daddy who loves to make his point... you can't help it... the talks, the beatings, the threats... they aren't worth it... we all make mistakes and we all have to suffer the consequences... I have learned to bite my tongue... sign your slips for talking... and just thank God that you are spunky... With a classroom of boys... I expect nothing less....






This year you have become somewhat peculiar about clothing... We can thank Hugh for introducing you to Vineyard Vines underwear... I still can't bring myself to pay $25 for underwear for a ten year old, but I don't mind paying the $6 on the half of half sale.... Your underwear costs more than mine... Really!  I wish I could video you when you are walking around in your boxers talking about how soft they are...and how good they feel... I'm glad it only takes something like that to make you happy.







Healthwise... you are perfect... except for the nosebleeds... they happen often... and they are bad... if I could get you on a schedule... it would be great... we have to wait to get it fixed during office hours... when it is bleeding... so keep taking care of yourself at night when it happens... I love an independent child! 



For Christmas this year all you wanted was a set of red basketball shoes like Sis had from playing JV.... Jane was able to get them for you and of course this sparked a new interest in basketball... I can't wait to see how well you are going to be... One day when you read this... look up Spud Webb... I'll compare you to him!  I love you though!




 
Daddy and I like to pick on Jane, Butch, Mimi, and JMac... the best times are when you giggle...then come and sit by me and say, "Mama, it isn't nice to pick on _______.... they are old!".... Your love for your grandparents amazes me... you smile when you see them... you tell them you love them... you hug and kiss them good bye... you are truly a loving little boy inside that stubborn head of yours!  I'm going to try not to pick on them anymore! 



Finally, I thank God each morning that I have your sweet little blonde head in my life... you have taught me so many things... I pray you will keep your eyes focused on God and always know that if Mama and Daddy aren't there... God is watching you! 




Happy birthday Ben!  I can't believe you are ten!  Love you so much! 

No comments: