Monday, August 13, 2018

Summer Golf 2018

 Today ended summer golf for Ben... this post will be really short with mainly pictures because we are taking him out for a celebratory supper!
 This summer will always be memorable because she has been by his side and in the cart at his matches.  One day he will look back and appreciate her more than he does right now...

I can't describe the bond these two have, but I hope it never parts or even waivers.... and watch out for the ones who cross them... 



 Some days we don't play so well and have to take a nap to rejuvenate and make those mishaps not be so hard...
 And sometimes... when we beat our personal best score... we go out to eat for prime rib!
 His daddy has been with him every step of the way too!  Sometimes it's hard to be quiet and not help... but thank goodness for the tournaments they let daddies help caddy... it goes much faster.... even though there may be just a few cross words in the middle of all that!
And today... the last day of golf... he tied for first with two of his good friends.  I'm sure he won't let us forget that he missed one week of tournaments and didn't have points for that week because we went on vacation... this knocked him out (potentially) to qualify for the next tournament... but it's a beautiful blessing that he won't really understand until he has his own children.  I'm thrilled at how well he played today, and I feel really guilty about my feelings, but I think we need to be moving Sis into her dorm and getting her situated this weekend instead of playing golf!    That's probably not the best thing to say as a parent that "I'm happy you didn't make it"... but I'm real here... I am glad we don't have to make that choice right now between where to be for our children. 

I'm so proud of how hard he played... I'm so proud that he was always in the top spots... he placed 4th two weeks...third one week... second place three times... and today... tied for first.  I can't think of a better way to end things.  He was finally able to get a "blue" marker on his score sheet for shooting even on the back nine today.  ( I had to learn what that meant).

I have no doubt that Butchie is proud of this one... I love being his mama and getting to watch him.  We wish his two friends good luck this weekend!

And Ben.... one day when I'm long gone and you read this... I want you to know that just because Sis is moving to college and getting all the blog time right now... just know that the next five years are all yours!  :)  Sis won't like that, but I won't be there to take pictures, make her smile when she doesn't want to, and write about her every move!  This is the beginning for you... I know you are absolutely thrilled about it too!

No comments: