Monday, August 20, 2018

LIfe Goes On... Ben's First Day of 8th Grade... Mark is Mark

****I'm editing post to put Mark's picture up front... his is much better... explanation below!  








 Today was Ben's first day of 8th grade... and I think I'm on year 24... things were different this morning... no Sis to get us moving and ready for a picture... I had to pack our lunches last night... Ben's shoes were one place... his chocolate milk wasn't made... he almost forgot his breakfast... whew... we didn't know what we had when she was here!  But some things never change... I thought this morning would be sad, but instead... Ben and I laughed... at Mark...
 Yes, I know this picture looks just like the one before... because Ben and I know how to strike a pose... smile... hold it... and look like we are thrilled to be doing what we are doing...
 And check this out... pose three... looks just like the other two... three in a row!  No third times a charm or any of that mess... we get it on the first time!  We look a little sleepy, but we are both alike... we wait until the last minute to get ready... we rush... we lose our place in the mornings... and we think that if we are one minute early...it's too early!
 And then there is Mark.... Ben knows he can't take a picture... he knows he is going to mess it up... he knows that we will have something to laugh about later... I knew as I was snapping this one that it was going to be terrible... it was...
 I stopped and told Mark to be natural... and Ben got tickled...
 Then I told Mark to just smile... and he looks like Howdy Doody... or a Goober on Andy Griffith... and the love Ben has looking at him makes my heart big...
 The next one I told Ben to look at me and Mark just got worse...
 And then he starts getting mad because I'm not doing it right... all in all... it doesn't matter because Ben is precious in every single one!  Thank the Lord for the laughs we had this morning because we sure needed them!

 He wears a golf shirt at least once a day every day... usually two... so he changed it up on me this year and put on a t-shirt... I've been picked on so much about dressing KB that I let him do what he wants... takes more bags than a woman with him to school... The table and floor were full...
And this is when he decided he didn't have chocolate milk or breakfast....

He said he had a great day at school... no homework... and is now playing Fortnight...It's just the two of us this week... and I am going to try to talk him into going to bed early tonight!  There is no teacher tired like the first day... and I didn't even teach!

No comments: