Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend with the Mitchells~

 Friday we left for a quick last weekend before full week of school starts trip to the beach!  Mike and Kathryn go every year and we have never been able to go because of football and cheerleading... we jumped on the opportunity to spend some time with our toes in the water!  Ellie greeted us as soon as we got there and we headed to the pool! 


 Savannah got the same illness that my children got around eleven Friday morning and had to be checked out of school... The doctor ordered all the children needed was a little sunshine, some pizza dip, and a good night's rest! 
 I'm not sure what these two are doing here, but obviously something...it's the same thing!
 Aren't they precious?  These two little ones have been friends since before we moved back to LC! 
 Kathryn and Katherine.... It was a lot easier naming Katie Britt Katherine after being around this Kathryn... she is such a loyal friend!  She also waits on us hand and foot while we visit! 
 Caught them smiling!  They act like they are too cool for the camera... but they do smile!
 I'd hold on for dear life too, Ellie! 
 I'm so glad I took my camera... this next series of pictures is a game of "monkey in the middle"... I don't like games, I don't like to play in the pool... a camera is good excuse to stay away!


 Kathryn bought this hat at the Masters this year... KB thought it was awful, but I loved it!  Can't believe I forgot to bring my hat! 


 For those of you who know the hippo story... it makes me smile every time KB sees one and says, "Mommy.... it's a hippo!"  And here is the first of Mark's corny smiles...photo bombs... mess up my family pictures picture....
 This little boy was tired after going to school, riding to HHI, and swimming in the pool...
 We grazed at supper time... Let's see... chicken salad, pimento cheese, boiled shrimp, pizza dip, spinach dip, crackers... and a delicious dessert... The best part... we didn't have to get dressed... and we were able to sit and visit! 


 We got up bright and early to enjoy a day at the beach!  Ben played all morning on the boogie board with Mike and Kathryn... and KB, Savannah, and I tried to get as much sun as possible. 


 They didn't play golf on a course, but they brought their clubs to the beach...
 Drip sand castles, instagram, and texting... ALL DAY LONG! (and a few cheer moves and jumps)
 She reminds me so much of Amberly right here...
 Always representing a little LC.... wherever we go! 

 a little pre-dinner golfing....
 We know the The Crazy Crab is a "tourist trap", but we always go here after the Heritage and walk around Harbor Town... We wanted the children to see where we call from every year!  When we walked in the door a few of our friends from our Greenville neighborhood were there!  Their children have grown as much as ours! 
 The young ones and the daddies walking around looking at yachts....
 These next pictures are my life... I take 100 and get maybe one that works... You will notice there are lots of bad ones... and a few good ones... I deleted the worst... these are the best of the worst... KB and Savannah could be models... they smile... I snap... the picture is good... not so for the rest of our family... Ben and Mark look like howdy doody in most pictures with their corny smile...

 Love this picture of them! 
 She loves her mama! 
 Check out Ben and Mark's smile....
 and their eyes...
 and Mark's smile
 and he is still fake smiling... the problem is he can't stop talking in the middle of the picture...
 even far off... you can still see his fake smile...
 and here....
 notice that Ben and Mark are the same... bless his heart... and his wife... and their children...
 We took a little break and went back to some good posers! 

 These two only need a phone... and they are happy!
 Taking a ball out of the 18th hole! 
 More pictures... the Mitchells were great! 
 Love their bare feet! 
 The eyes...
 the slumped over shoulders
 the sitting up straight and opening the eyes wide....
 the fake smile....
 the closed eyes...
 back to the beauties...
 so sweet!
 and then they fight...
 he's sooooo tired....
 let me get my hair right....don't touch me....
 the closed eyes....
 be quiet sis....
 trying to do better...
 still trying....
 can we gooooooooo
 it's getting darker by the minute...





 and then there is MIKE.... this picture has to be photocropped...to make his eyes open.... I didn't add the part of the story that he got stung by a jellyfish... and then he broke a chair on the beach... and there was a girl playing dead in the water and he thought she was really drowning... he makes me laugh until I cry!  WE all laughed on the way home today about him... so glad he is a part of our life! 
 the real Mitchells.....
My favorite picture!  Thanks for a great weekend!  We had fun! 

No comments: