Thursday, August 29, 2013

Never say NEVER....

      One of my first dates with Mark was to the Georgia/Clemson game.  I can remember the outfit I wore, parking in O'Malleys parking lot, and tailgating with friends all day.  Our seats were in the endzone with all Clemson fans.  There was one other Georgia fan in the crowd with me... he was the custodian for the area. 
     Georgia won that night... I was excited... rubbed it in a little to that South Carolina boy I was dating... and glowed when I could brag that no matter what he did... I would NEVER wear orange and pull for the Tigers.
     Four years later the week of  the Georgia/Clemson game, I noticed Mark was acting weird.  He was nervous, he was fidgety, and he was asking me to sit in the car and talk to him while 90210 was coming on television... nothing could stop me from watching 90210.  Little did I know that Friday I would come home from the Lincolnton ballgame and get to fill in a questionnaire with Check Yes or No  will you marry me!  The next day we headed to Clemson.  Georgia won again and I was so excited... I glowed... I was getting married... and I still had bragging rights. 
     After moving to Greenville, we spent many weekends driving to Clemson to tailgate.  We had fun... we enjoyed every minute of it... and we smiled even if Clemson didn't win.  Some of my best memories are with the friends we tailgated with during those years...

These four right here are sure to make anyone laugh... even if one is a traitor moving on to Carolina ball...and one is a "wildcat" from Kentucky!  If I were stuck in a desert with no water or food... I could call any of them and they would come and get me!  Now they would pick on me, but they would come get me! 

A few years later, we would have babies and those babies would begin their trips to Tiger Town... I have so many pictures of them in their Clemson attire...



Ben was more worried about the cooler than anything else at this game...

 Mark insisted on rubbing up against this girl...
 Yes, we took our baby... in a bar... with a pipi and a tag... but he loved it... he fell asleep in my arms! 
 Last year at the game!
 Ben with the tiger.
 Michelle getting her some TIGER  loving too!
 These three will be there again Saturday with me!
 Tiger Dancer for a Day!  KB, Brandtley, and Katie, Molly Grayson, and Miranda!

Touching the Rock! 

     There is a ballgame this weekend that is going to make me eat my words... It's no longer called the Georgia/Clemson game in my mind... it is now Clemson/Georgia game.... I am eating my words...



These five are sure to keep us entertained... I hope they all graduate from Clemson one day!  They love it, they breathe it, and they feel it in their hearts!  They spell C L E M S O N with pride!  They don't care that they all live in Georgia now... They don't care that everyone in their school is pulling for Georgia... They don't care Clemson hasn't won the last five times they have played Georgia... They still love their team. 

These two make me love to eat my words too!  These two can't sleep for worrying about Saturday... they eat, breathe, and live Clemson football!  Even if they don't have these smiling faces Saturday night after the game... I will do what I never said I would... I will be chanting as loud as them... 1,2,3,4     1,2,3,4     C L E M S O N T I G E RRRR SSSSS FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! 

Thank you God for giving me this Clemson man, for letting me have two precious children who are devoted to their team, and most of all.... for making me realize that orange is my color!  I'm sure my family is disappointed in my choice, but I can't help it.... there is too much orange in this house to pull for any other team! 

Go Tigers! 
 
PS... the last Clemson/Georgia game I went to I got an engagement ring the night before... I'm thinking I should get at least another small piece of jewelry since I am admitting to converting to orange! 

No comments: