Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

My Ben is smart... I have said before that he has more common sense than anyone living under this roof. One of the things that I love about him most are the simple things that make him happy. This week his big accomplishment has been blowing a bubble. Who knew that someone would smile, be thrilled, and have to beg to have his picture taken doing this! So...for his memory, I am adding this picture of him blowing a bubble! I feel sure this goes right up there with the geniuses of the world!











Two precious children I am thankful for~ they bring me to tears quite often. I can't believe how big they look in this picture. May they be blessed this year with good grades, a happy homelife, and memories of great times and fun with their mama and daddy!













The mens' table!












Ben and James loved their placecards... who knew a piece of paper could cause joy!

























Girls' table!


















Sis and I eating in the dining room~ and eating on the china that "they don't make that anymore" .... She is 11... I am 40... first time for both of us!

















The COOKER!














Mama's tray that I really love... thanks Velda and Amberly! I would cook if I had this!









Jim's dessert was his fingernail flan.















Daddy almost made it until clean up time before he went to sleep.













Mark was "raised right"...He is the only man in the house who helped clean!













These sweet boys played in the leaves while we cleaned up!













Guille carved the turkey so he didn't have to help clean up. He was Sooooo tired!













At the beginning of this week, Mark began bugging Lisa about what she was bringing to Thanksgiving. He told her I was bringing the two desserts~ she said she was only bringing three people. Well... she brought the men Indian headgear that had to be worn the entire day and the women had "monogrammed" handkerchiefs to wear. (They were monogrammed with a nice black sharpie!)









Mark is game for anything!












Wondering if this is really happening...












Squaw Ben
















and the final shot of the McKinney Thanksgiving with the men in their Indian outfits! Happy Thanksgiving!








No comments: