Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas~ the most wonderful time of the year!

Thanksgiving is over... I am feeling at least 10 extra pounds... I hate it too! Extra weight means an extra bad mood! I wish I wasn't an emotional eater, but I am. I enjoy good food better than anything else in the world! I have just about eaten an entire Paula Deen spice gooey butter cake. I took the remaining part of it to church tonight... so I wouldn't be tempted to finish it off.
After two losses this weekend, I have been eating like a horse. I considered just saying, "oh well" until after Christmas, but that might mean that I would gain 10 more pounds. I am going to try to keep my mouth shut for a few weeks!
I have also made an executive decision that I am not decorating every inch of my house this year. My den is "elfed" out, but no where else in my house has anything Christmas. I am not sure why, but that is what I am feeling! Today I could have spent my time decorating some of the rooms, but the family did a little something cultural~ Yesterday, I was reading the morning paper, and an advertisement kept showing up in the corner of my eye. "The Nutcracker"... I had been as a child and enjoyed it. KB loves dance, Ben loves a story, and Mark... not sure why he wanted to go, but he did! We left after Sunday school and headed to Augusta.
Needless to say, it was a good event. I am sure my children will never forget it! While I enjoyed the show, the message, and the dancing, my family enjoyed snickering at the man in the tights who obviously forgot his pants. It was OUTRAGEOUS! I am thinking that it has to be outlawed in some countries for men to have on those see through, white, tight-fitting pants. We could see everything~ I tried not to focus on everything, but HELLO...it was all there to see!
After a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for a snack, we headed home and I decorated the outside porch. I trimmed down on that too! I put my red carpet out, a wreath, and my little trees by my door. I am going with the theme "simple, but elegant" this year.
Finally, I watched "The Grace Card" at church tonight. It was a great movie. Bitterness can ruin someone's relationship. In some cases it can cause a barrier for no relationship at all. I am thinking I might need to carry a grace card around with me! A fault of mine... I have a hard time forgiving someone who has done me wrong or hurt me. Tonight, I am waving my grace card at all those nasty comments about Lincoln County football and Clemson football... I am going to be over it! Thank you Lord for YOUR grace... I need it!

No comments: