Tuesday, February 17, 2015

It has to be shown...

So... the other part of Ben's birthday that I haven't talked about yet... the after party... Mama and I usually don't ever stay on course with the plan, and this time we had Christie to help us out too!  We decided after we ate supper that the Kohl's in Anderson probably had some really good stuff to look at... so the big girls rode home and sent Mark and Guille with the children... It's been years since I have done this, but I was still celebrating my birth "month" and used that card....

Anyway... I got home a little later than everyone else... I decided not to write my blog until Monday because I wanted a fresh mind.... and I wanted to process the day.... all of this was decided after I watched the video that I'm posting at the bottom of this blog... I wanted to write about it... the words were ready and right on my fingertips... but I knew that I needed to write about Ben's birthday first... so I did that yesterday... and now... tonight.... everyone gets to see the real Ben...

The real Ben is always into something... he is scary smart at what he knows how to do... we took his GOPRO to the ballgame and Mark held it during the pitch/warmup... evidently when they got home, Ben decided he needed to shoot some more footage... It won't be funny to anyone else but me... It amazes me that he can make all this noise, all the dancing, all the filming... and a man, a teenager, and a dog never even notice him... one day I hope he looks back and appreciates the freedom he had as a child... to be adventurous, to be a thrill seeker... ... he threatened me to show this so it isn't on his birthday blog that he saw today... but this is the McKinney life... silliness and all....

Ben, 

I love you so much... I go from wanting to choke you at the questions you are forcing me to answer right now... to wanting you to crawl in my lap and give me a hug telling me I'm your favorite and you love me the best... I have no doubt that you will always be doing something as you grow older... and probably get in trouble for it... but remember this... Everyone makes mistakes... everyone makes poor decisions... everyone wishes they could have done some things differently... just know that no matter what you do... I will love you... because that it my job.... don't let others worry you with their talk about how you shouldn't have, didn't, or can't... focus on doing the right thing and it will always be worth it!  And finally, remember that your mama has a blog to keep every second of your life recorded... and when you use the GOPRO to make a video.... It will get posted!  

Love, 

Mama


No comments: