Monday, February 16, 2015

Expect the Worst, Pray for the Best

 We left Lincolnton yesterday morning fully expecting freezing temperatures that would make us miserable sitting outside at a game of baseball... and out of nowhere... the sun was shining, we were warm, and a little boy was as happy as he could be!  The sign above says first pitch at 1:00 pm... Ben actually threw the pitch out about 12:50! 
 Here he is heading out on the field...
 Some last minute instructions about what he could do! 
 I didn't notice the sign with his name on it until I uploaded the pictures... He picked his favorite player "Duggar" to catch the pitch... Ben loves anything Clemson, but last year when he came out to Dougie... he immediately held a special place in his heart for him! 
 He is ready! 
 I wish I could remember the words about winding up...
 getting ready...
 pulling back
 and getting ready....
 to release teh pitch...
 and he caught it! 
 Ben was a nervous wreck! 
 As Mark and Ben left the field, I noticed them taking a picture with this player from West Virginia... I wondered why, but the video at the end explains it all... Ben got to warm up with the Mountaineers... their players were extremely nice to him and he even got a retweet today! 
 We didn't know about this, but Clemson let all the children come out on the field and stand with their favorite player during the National Anthem... Duggar giving knuckles.... I'm not sure if he knows how much this meant to Ben, but even more... to his mama... Ben will never forget this special day.... He and James were thrilled to be out there! 
 One last knuckle before the game started!
 James got knuckles too! 
 Zoom in and see the smiles on their faces...
 Running off the field as fast as they can... I like it that they choose an outfielder...sometimes I think people look over them... they choose a pitcher, or catcher, or first baseman.... the team wouldn't make it without the outfielders! 
 Coming off the field....
 It was cold...and of course no one wanted to sit at a game and watch in the cold... so we had fantastic seats... when I walked in... the man saw that they stadium was singing happy birthday to Ben and he told me to sit where I wanted and if someone came... to just move... no one ever came to our seats!  It was great! 
 Right behind home plate! 
 We were spread out...
 The Mattison family...
 Another fun thing they did was "break" into the little practice area and play for a little bit...
 KB... you aren't going to catch a ball with your hands in your pockets...
 Ben had to buy a hat... like he needed one more hat....
 He looks like a natural...
 He might brag a little too much about his excellence... HA!
 James having fun! 
 I love seeing smiling faces... especially on little boys who think that they want to come to Clemson when they grow up!  (Let's hope Guille will keep his mouth shut and not persuade James to go back to the other side)
 Have to have a picture of the PAW!
 Baseball field...
 We love tigers... in Clemson only...
 Flying proud....
 Thomas had to get in on a little action too!
 And then I had the great idea to do a posed picture... and this is what I got...
 A fall down...
 not sure here...
 and not a good one in the bunch... the sun was in their eyes... they had their eyes closed... they were looking goofy... regardless... they  had fun... I'm sorry Ashley and David got away before we could get them with the boys! 
 It's hard to believe that in a three years, we will be preparing for her to head across the river... I'm thinking Mark and I need to move to SC to be able to afford it... I promise to move back to LC as soon as they graduate! 
 And this... this is my heart.... whether standing still and posing... or sneaking kisses... I love them with all my heart... and when they smile... I smile! 
 And for the McKinney photos... well... they are all terrible... Mark is gritting his teeth here...
 KB's hair is messed up...
 Mark is doing something funky with his mouth...
 KB's eyes shut...
 Again....
So.... we had a fantabulous time.... We will be back... just hope it is a little warmer...

The first video is Ben warming up with the Mountaineers...and don't mind Mark's nose hairs in the video... I am not sure what he was doing...
And here he is throwing the opening pitch! 

No comments: