Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday Morning Ramblings

1.  I made it through my 10 day cleanse of the Advocare All-In Challenge... This morning... I am down five pounds and 4.5 inches... I was hoping for a little more, but with my schedule and not being able to fit in exercise... I guess I can't complain.  I started the Max phase this morning... I feel so good!  I haven't been tired... I haven't been grouchy... I have SO MUCH ENERGY!   The first ten days flew by.... I hope I can make 14 more and see even more results...

2.  Part of the reason I haven't been able to exercise is because I have been hateful this week.  I have been taking out my anger through writing... I know it is wrong... I know I shouldn't do it... but my fingers and my heart took over... I wrote things I probably shouldn't... probably hurt people's feelings... probably crossed the limit... but I thought it would make me feel better... I feel bad now... It's a good thing those writings don't get that magic PUBLISH button.  

3.  KB had basketball yesterday and has it again all day today!  Ben starts his basketball today... yep, two playing at one time means that Mark and I are in the man to man defense... he has one... I have the other... and speaking of that... I'm thinking that KB wishes she hadn't drawn the short straw.  Yesterday's game was so close... my heart swelled with pride as the shy, timid, scared of the basketball daughter of mine turned into something I had never seen before... SHE SCORED THE FIRST TWO POINTS OF THE GAME!  Yes, I stood up and shouted, "That's my baby girl!".... But then... throughout the rest of the game... I acted Redneck... and if I carried a knife with me... I'm sure the referee that I was yelling at thought I would "cut him".... I know I shouldn't have pointed out all his faults... all his wrong calls.... but in my eyes... he was partial to the other team... No doubt though... I was proud of our girls... they only lost by two points... I don't think I acted like I should... I wasn't a good example... it's a good thing I wasn't on the clock at the game!  KB has already told me to be quiet at today's game... I'm going to try not to put on a show! 

4.  I'm slowly making my way through Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.... It's amazing how it matches up with my devotional each morning... and the happenings of my life every day.  I should have taken it with me last night.... I might have been a little classier...  This morning I read about how everything is in God's timing... not ours... This week my heart has been overwhelmed with "what if Mayonnaise hadn't had those angels around him last week"... and then I'm quickly reminded that he did have those angels... he did make it... and while it may not have affected anyone else like it did me... the silver-lining in his cloud... is that I have prayed everything day for the blessing that was given to my family by him still being here... I can honestly say, with shame, that I have never given praise for a blessing for an entire week... I might thank God once or twice... but then I think that is enough... Each morning this week as I have read my Bible I think about Marion and can't help but be thankful.  I know it sounds silly, but I'm so glad that I have seen this miracle... that it has brought me even closer to God... and that I well up with tears each time I think about it.  For me personally, I think God has Marion here for me... he needs to show me how to act at ballgames... I'm sure he never acted like I did yesterday... he has Marion here for Mark to help him learn how to use basic tools... and to be his guiding hand when he attempts projects... Mayonnaise and KB have a special relationship... we know that KB and Emmie look and act just like each other... he is guiding her just like he did Emmie... I love how God places people in our children's lives who influence them and talk to them!  I also love that he watches over her... A few Sunday nights ago as we were eating supper at Mama's, Jack was sitting on the stool and Marion whispered to him, "Jack, you better never hurt Sis... you understand?".... I burst out laughing... And most of all, Mayonnaise is one of Ben's best friends... Many times when we are home and Ben wants a friend... he wants Mayonnaise... and I can't think of a better best friend... he is careful, he is all about safety, he is all about teaching lessons.... he has taught Ben manners, he has taught Ben respect, and most of all, he has taught Ben to be a gentleman.  He makes me want to be a better person... I hope his road to recovery is quick... and his heart keeps beating for many more years to come! 

5.  I'm going to try my best to not let my emotions get the best of me this week... I'm going to try to be classy... I'm going to try to be an example to others... So... after I clean my house this morning... I'll be headed to the basketball game to cheer on the Red Devils... I'll be the one with duct tape over my mouth! 

No comments: