Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Basketball Goal and a Happy New Year! ~2015~

Part of Ben's and KB's Christmas was a basketball goal... while my choice wouldn't be for something like this to be hanging from the side of the house, I have caved and let my children have what they want... this one time!  We couldn't have put it together without Mayonnaise though... He and Mark worked for two days getting it just right... I envision many fights in my driveway in the coming the years... they all fought over who got to shoot it first... everyone gave it a try... Ben was the first!

The finished product.... I have a fear of it falling on my head....or the car when we go through the garage...

 Mark almost died in the process of putting it up.... the garage door fell on his ear.... he looks like he has been in a fight with Mike Tyson...
 We are working on Ben with the foul shots.... he thinks it's fine to hold Sis like this when he and Jack team up on her...
 And there was the first shot made...
 Mayonnaise had to give it a try too! 
 New Years Eve started with supper JMac and Mimi... we actually celebrated Christmas.... I am still full from supper...
 Jaaaackkkkk was able to come with us....
 This is Ben's plate... yep.... field peas, collards, green bean casserole, and "green" ham.... I'm so glad he eats like his mama and loves vegetables... everything was delicious...

After supper we opened gifts, watched a little football, and got ready for the event of the night....
Ben's favorite gift of the Christmas season... a new "sof" blankie.... BC made him one when he was two that he has dragged around until it has almost gone to pieces.... she drew his name and made him a new one.... that will fit him for the rest of his life... I sure wish she would mend my blankie from when I was 16....
 Everyone loves to come to Mimi's and JMac's for this!  There were 49 balloons this year... all seven children got to choose seven... pop them... and keep the money that was inside!  It's so funny to watch them open the money and see a five...and then laugh when it is a dollar bill! 

Since the Christmas decorations were put up.... Mimi had hung jars and pocketbooks for all them with a little piece of money in each!  Who doesn't love money!!! 

 Ben has found a new friend...or two....with Lisa's dogs.... he thinks they are the best!  Besides...he is the only boy....and he is the only one who doesn't bring a "friend" with him to Mimi's....
 Mimi and JMac fed us.... gave us gifts... and jumped for joy when all this noise left last night!  I realize just how lucky I am!  I'm so glad my children have wonderful grandparents and take time to enjoy special nights like last night.... In this picture I can see how KB, Hannah, and Rachel all look alike... I know she looks like me, but she sure has some McKinney in her too! 
 And this is who Ben really wants... I may have to skip Christmas next year... last year Ben asked Lisa for a cat if she drew his name... and this year... he offered her his Christmas money for this dog... He wants a little dog so bad... I think he will be okay! 
It's quiet at the McKinney house this morning... we stopped by the farm on the way home and brought in the New Year...and then got to bed late... I used to think I was tired on January 1st from staying out and having a good time... Now I am beginning to think my body is worn out.... I'm gearing up to go eat one more day! 

And finally.... last year my first devotion was based on the Bible verse Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--- his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:2

Changes made in 2014 were very good... I want 2015 to be better... I look back and see my children growing before my very eyes... may they never wonder if their mama loved them... may they never wonder if I would rather be somewhere else than with them... and may they never think that they aren't my first priority.... of course unless KB is hanging all over me....or Ben wants a drink of water right before bed! 

No comments: