Friday, June 5, 2015

To My Friend....

This started as an email this morning because in the next several weeks I think my friend may need a little guidance and help from above.  Sometimes hearing that a friend is praying for you, worried about you, hoping the best for you or even just thinking of you helps get through difficult times.  As I started composing the email, I realized that one day my children will go through difficult times, times of worry, times of "oh my gosh", times of "where do I take my next step"... so I decided to blog about it. 
Before I even got up, I had decided that I would send a quick note and remind my friend about Jeremiah 29:11.  For I know the plans, I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  It's very clear in the Bible that God is going to take care of us no matter what our situation is... it may not be in the way that we want it to be, but His ways are best.  No need in fighting that...
When I opened my devotional, Jeremiah 1:8 "I am with you..." declares the Lord was the verse.  I think that is even more comforting than knowing that God has a plan.  Knowing that He is right there with you, He is always watching out for you, He is always there to lend a hand....gives a peace like no other.

So to my friend, my family, and my children... storms, hard times, difficult things are evident in life.  Just because we believe in God's love doesn't mean that we won't have hard times... I have recently fallen in love with James - the book in the Bible- not a man!  James 1:2-3- Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything. 

And finally, 1 Thes. 5:17-18, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  Good luck with weathering this storm.... just think of it as entering a washing machine on spin cycle... and coming out clean and refreshed.  I'm excited for you... even though you are scared to death!  Now... do what I say... hold your head up... put on some new shoes... and remember that I will always have a Bible verse to throw back at ya when you start questioning matters! 

1 comment:

LifeasIseeit said...

One of my favorite quotes is "Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence of God"