Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014 and a Few Other Things!

 We began our Christmas holidays playing basketball... actually, I only saw the last quarter of the boys championship game... and they won in an exciting finish!  Friday and Saturday nights are a blur besides dreaming of chicken fingers and french fries... who knew we could cook that much!  Sunday was KB's birthday and she spent it at a Christmas gathering.... I decided to take a long winter's nap and caught up on some of my sleep...
 Monday we headed to the Clemson basketball game... it was wonderful because hardly anyone was there... at halftime Santa came on the court and all the children were allowed to come out and shoot baskets... they also gave us Tootsie Pops... it was a first for me... I had never had one! 
 We ran into one of my former students... Lucky or not, she had me in the 6th grade and the 8th grade.. I have watched her grow up since she was about four!  KB is much taller than her now! 
 We tried to get KB and Jack to be children.... but they wouldn't go on the court!  We shopped til we dropped on the way home from Clemson and pulled another late nighter...
 We were up early Tuesday morning for someone to go get her license... and her life (and mine) haven't been the same since... she is up and ready to go in a quick second... she wants to drive everywhere! 
 We spent Christmas Eve at the farm enjoying hot dogs and hamburgers... and of course, Jim's homemade french fries... they were delicious....
 He was so excited for Christmas....
 I forgot I had ordered these pajamas back in October/November.... my life has been a whirlwind lately and I felt I didn't have Christmas together... but it turned out perfect! 
 BC and JMac visited Christmas morning and can you tell that she was stealing this necklace???
 We went at lunch to Mama and Daddy's to open presents and Butchie made it to the chair.... Aren't they precious! 
 Christmas Supper was moved to my house... and KB had to drive to pick up her date.... I let him drive home.... I can see many fights in the future between these two and driving...
 After we ate Low-Country Boil... which I have pictures of but they are on my camera...that Mark has with him right now... we played charades...
 I think the choices were too easy, but we had a lot of beginners! 
The day after... when you put things together... and clean up the house!  My house is bare right now... all Christmas is put up.... I'm excited about redecorating...and organizing....

Today we have basketball games for KB and Ben has headed to a Tajh Boyd camp.... I think I might need to go back to work to get a break.... I have had a wonderful week off so far... my children loved their Christmas presents... I got new dishes... and I'm saying I gave Mark a car for Christmas... but I'm driving it!  All is well in the McKinney house!  Busy week of finishing off Christmas with the McKinneys, more basketball games, and a day of shopping in store... I had to clear my phone of pictures for many more to come!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 

No comments: