Sunday, December 21, 2014

From Mohawks~To Bows~ To Basketball/Cheer Shoes~ To My Heart

I can hardly believe that you are 15!  I pinch myself sometimes because I know that this life can't be as great as it seems.

God gave me my very own baby doll to dress in smocked clothes, big bows, and lacy socks.... but where did she go?  How did she grow up to be just about perfect in my eyes... sometimes you don't wear enough lipstick... and you don't want to be all fancy and dress up... and you don't keep a room as clean as I like it, but I sure do love everything else about you.  Your work ethic is beyond anything I ever hoped for... I'm sorry I call you a nerd too often... I am overjoyed at the perfection of learning you strive for. 

 


I sit in awe and think about everything you have ever attempted you have been good at... that's pretty neat.  I know a mother should never tell her daughter that she isn't good at something, but I haven't let you trying singing for a crowd on purpose!  I still love you, but you and I both know your areas of excellence.










I love that you spend your free time reading.  You are reading books that I would never even try... you are finishing books that are thicker than the Bible... AND YOU LIKE THEM... I'm not sure where you got that bug for the love of reading, but keep it up...

My favorite thing to watch you do is perform.  You shine whenever you have on a uniform/costume.  I still wish you would chase the dreams of dancing on Broadway.... I promise I will move to NYC and come see you every night!  I know that is what you want me to do!

Your smile... and your laugh... and that silly giggle.  It's music to my ears... you laugh often... and you laugh at the SAME things I do... We have that special connection that we can look at each other and laugh without anyone else knowing we are doing it.... We can even hide from Daddy when we are laughing at him. 







My Sis.... you have made being a mama so easy... so far.  I can only hope that you will continue to be the sweet little girl that you have always been.  This past year I let you ride home (less than a mile) with someone driving other than a family member.  Just remember the text messages I sent the entire time... don't be trashy... don't let anyone drive fast while you are in the car... and don't let them look at their phone while they are driving....






And now it is your turn... thank goodness your birthday is on a Sunday.  That means I have an extra day without you driving... I can't believe that you will be able to drive me now.  Just remember that I'm like Papa was... I take my "switchkey" with me everywhere I go... and I always like to drive!  I worry about you behind the wheel of a car... even though you have brown hair... I really think you have the blonde tendencies.  That's not an ugly statement...it's just true.  I have said often that God doesn't give both brains and street smarts.... let's just say Ben and I have the street smarts in this family.



I'm so glad your "birthday party" will be spent at a Clemson basketball game... that's pretty easy on my part!  I'm hoping you will let me stop and get a few Christmas presents too.  I'm sorry that there is nothing you want except clothes for Christmas... it was so much easier when you were little and wanted a toy or something...


I love you KB.... Thanks for being my puzzle buddy... my Monday night companion to Augusta... my pick on Daddy partner... my friend.... I love you Sis!  Happy Birthday to my favorite 15 year old!  I'm not sure what I did to be so lucky to have you... but I thank God for you often... I'm so PROUD of you... through choices and decisions you have made now...and will make later... I'll always think of you as that little girl with the Mohawk... who would do just about anything for a pi pi and a blankie... that's how I got you to smile in the first picture.... and now...it just takes some diamonds and pearls for a smile... but that's okay... you will always be my baby! 

Happy Birthday!

No comments: