Sunday, March 30, 2014

Miss LCMS

 Thursday night, Katie Britt was a contestant in the Lincoln County Middle School Pageant.  She woke up Wednesday with her eye swollen shut and we called her "puff eye".... but it was fine... that is who she is... such a good attitude at home!  Doing her make-up work, wearing a mask, and enduring lots of hairspray and face paint... she survived! 
 I have taught her young that she must take care of her skin!!! 
 Caroline did an excellent job of curling her locks.... and putting on her mascara! 
 Old Mother Hubbard was bare... so we had to have a piece of bread for a snack....
 When the night was over, my precious angel brought home two trophies. 
 I love this picture... nothing like a daddy and his daughter! 
 And this sweet girl, Miss Ali Aycock, was crowned Miss LCMS.... she was absolutely beautiful... I have passed my trait of knowing who will win on to KB.... She called this one Tuesday afternoon after practice...She told me that Ali was going to win! 
 A little family love here! 
 So sweet of KB's friends to congratulate her. 
 This sweet boy brought her flowers! 
And this makes me laugh because KB used to be their height! 

Katie Britt was second runner-up, but I'm most proud of her being named Miss Congeniality.  I would have never received that in high school... I'm not proud of it, but it is the truth.  As her mama, it makes my heart smile that others think she is nice and kind.  I'm sure it isn't 100 percent of people, but I am glad those other 18 girls thought it.  I am blessed to have her as my child and I am proud that she represented her eighth grade class with a big heart. 

Congratulations, Sis... remember that outside beauty fades quickly.... but inside beauty is there and is more important than anything else in this world! 

No comments: